Creating a stronger airline for you
This is an exciting time for our employees and customers. Through our merger with US Airways, we’re able to provide you with greater schedule options, access to more destinations around the globe and a modern fleet.
Since January, we’ve rolled out enhanced benefits to you, including:
- More opportunities to earn and redeem AAdvantage® miles when flying on American or US Airways, with all eligible travel on either airline counting toward elite status qualification in the program of your choice
- The ability to easily stay connected while you fly with Monthly Traveler and Daily Wi-Fi passes, which are now valid on both American Airlines and US Airways flights
- Reciprocal benefits for elite status members when flying either airline, including First and Business Class check-in, complimentary checked bags and priority security and boarding
- More lounge access, with reciprocal club access for Admirals Club and US Airways Club members
- Easy access to the combined company's expanded network through our codeshare with US Airways, which allows each airline to sell seats on each other's flights
What’s happening now
Through its entry into the award-winning oneworld® alliance, US Airways brings the entire merged American Airlines into the same global alliance and adds more than 50 destinations to the oneworld network, including service to its key hubs in Charlotte, Philadelphia, Phoenix and Washington Reagan, as well as destinations in Canada and Mexico. US Airways has also joined American in our enhanced relationship with oneworld members British Airways, Finnair and Iberia. Together, we offer you more options across the Atlantic and an easier and more rewarding global travel experience to Europe and beyond.
To provide a more consistent customer experience when flying American Airlines and US Airways, we have also aligned select loyalty program and baggage policies.
Committed to building a better American
We have a long way to go to integrate our loyalty programs, systems, operations, workforces and fleet. This will take some time, but we’ll be sure to keep you updated as changes occur.
We’re committed to keeping you informed as we combine into one carrier and will continue to communicate with you as we reach other important milestones.
Be sure to check back often and follow our social channels to stay up-to-date on the latest developments and benefits coming your way.
As always, you can book, track and manage your travel plans on aa.com.