Enjoy the benefits of our codeshare
To offer improved access to the combined company’s global network, we've implemented a codeshare with US Airways, allowing each airline to sell seats on each other’s flights.
What does this mean for you? Through our codeshare, you can book travel for flights operated by the other carrier and easily combine select flights operated by each airline on a single itinerary when booking travel on aa.com, usairways.com, through our reservations departments or travel agencies. This provides you with a more convenient travel journey when booking or checking in and offers even more opportunities to earn miles.
In order to ensure as smooth a travel experience as possible, we implemented the codeshare in phases. We're now selling all domestic and most international flights* operated by US Airways for travel across our combined network, bringing you:
- Better East Coast access through the US Airways Shuttle, which offers hourly departures from Boston Logan (BOS), Washington Reagan (DCA) and New York LaGuardia (LGA)
- Greater options for travel to your favorite destinations and beyond through improved access between our combined hubs at Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW), Los Angeles (LAX), New York Kennedy (JFK), Miami (MIA), Chicago O'Hare (ORD), Charlotte Douglas (CLT), Philadelphia (PHL), Phoenix (PHX) and Washington Reagan (DCA)
*International flights pending government approval
Welcome US Airways to oneworld
Through our merger with US Airways, we’re adding even more U.S. destinations to the oneworld® map, so you can enjoy convenient options for travel to your favorite places. US Airways will add more than 50 destinations to the oneworld network, including service to its key hubs in Charlotte, Philadelphia, Phoenix and Washington Reagan, as well as destinations in Canada and Mexico.
As part of the oneworld alliance, we offer access to top destinations around the globe, better flight schedules and even more opportunities to earn and redeem AAdvantage® miles while you travel the world. With the addition of oneworld’s newest members, including US Airways, TAM Airlines and SriLankan Airlines, you can enjoy convenient access to nearly 1,000 destinations in more than 150 countries on the expanded oneworld network.
Plus, US Airways has also joined American in our enhanced relationship with oneworld members British Airways, Finnair and Iberia. Together, we offer you more options across the Atlantic and an easier and more rewarding global travel experience to Europe and beyond, including:
- Access to an enhanced network of more than 50 destinations in 15 countries
- Convenient itineraries through coordinated schedules with nearly 100 routes between North America and Europe
- More opportunities to earn and redeem AAdvantage® miles while you explore the world
- Access to airport lounges throughout the globe for eligible customers