Creating a stronger airline for you
This is an exciting time for our employees and customers. Through our merger with US Airways, we’re able to provide you with greater schedule options, access to more destinations around the globe and a modern fleet.
On January 7th, we began rolling out enhanced benefits to you, including:
- More opportunities to earn and redeem AAdvantage® miles when flying on American or US Airways, with all eligible travel on either airline counting toward elite status qualification in the program of your choice
- The ability to easily stay connected while you fly with Monthly Traveler and Daily Wi-Fi passes, which are now valid on both American Airlines and US Airways flights
- Reciprocal benefits for elite status members when flying either airline, including First and Business Class check-in, complimentary checked bags and priority security and boarding
- More lounge access, with reciprocal club access for Admirals Club and US Airways Club members
What’s happening now: more destinations
We’re starting to combine some of our flight schedules and are now selling codeshare tickets for flights beginning January 23, 2014. This means more access to our expanded network.
Our codeshare with US Airways means that we are able to sell seats on each other’s flights.
Through this codeshare, we are bringing you:
- Convenient schedule options, including better East Coast access through the US Airways Shuttle, which offers hourly departures from Boston Logan (BOS), Washington Reagan (DCA) and New York LaGuardia (LGA).
- Greater options for travel to your favorite destinations through our combined hubs.
- More international access to destinations like Amsterdam, Brussels and Venice.
Committed to building a better American
We have a long way to go to integrate our loyalty programs, systems, operations, workforces and fleet. This will take some time, but we’ll be sure to keep you updated as changes are made to benefit you – our customer.
Next on the horizon, US Airways will join the oneworld® alliance on March 31, 2014, so you can enjoy access to even more destinations around the world through our vast global network.
We’re committed to keeping you informed as we combine into one carrier and will continue to communicate with you as we reach other important milestones.
Be sure to check back often and follow our social channels to stay up-to-date on the latest developments and benefits coming your way.
As always, you can book, track and manage your travel plans on aa.com.