Creating a stronger airline for you
This continues to be an exciting time for our customers. Through our merger with US Airways, we're now able to offer you convenient schedule options, access to more destinations around the globe and a modern fleet.
Since January, we’ve rolled out enhanced benefits to you:
- The opportunity to earn and redeem AAdvantage® miles when flying on American or US Airways, with all eligible travel on either airline counting toward elite status qualification in the program of your choice
- Select reciprocal benefits for elite status members when flying either airline, including First and Business Class check-in, complimentary checked bags and priority security and boarding
- Access to more than 50 clubs across our combined network.
- Easy access to the combined company's expanded network through our codeshare with US Airways, which allows each airline to sell seats on each other's flights
- Bringing US Airways into the award-winning oneworld® alliance, offering more options across the Atlantic and an easier and more rewarding global travel experience to Europe and beyond
- The ability to easily stay connected while you fly with Monthly Traveler and Daily Wi-Fi passes, which are valid on both American Airlines and US Airways flights
What’s happening now
Until we integrate our programs, we will introduce the ability for AAdvantage elite status members to upgrade to First Class on US Airways within 24 hours of departure, beginning June 11, 2014. If available, an opportunity to upgrade will be presented at check-in for US Airways-operated flights within and between the U.S. (excluding Hawaii) and Canada, Mexico, the Bahamas, the Caribbean, Bermuda and Central America and will be provided on a first come, first served basis. If a seat is not available, you can also choose to add yourself to the upgrade standby list.
These upgrades are complimentary for AAdvantage elite status members and one companion traveling in the same reservation – just as they are on US Airways today for Dividend Miles elite members.
Carry-on bags: Now, when flying on either carrier, you can bring a carry-on bag within 45”combined dimensions. The maximum dimensions cannot exceed: 22" long x 14" wide x 9" tall or 115cm (56 x 36 x 23 cm). Personal items need to be smaller than the carry-on item and fit under the seat in front of you. In lieu of a carry-on bag, you may choose to bring on a soft-sided garment bag of up to 51” in size. You also can bring diaper bags and duty-free items, in addition to a carry-on bag and a personal item, on your flight.
We’re also excited to announce that all flights scheduled between New York’s John F. Kennedy Airport and Los Angeles and San Francisco are flying on our new A321 Transcontinental aircraft – delivering the only three-class service coast-to-coast. And, we’re continuing to expand our global network with new service from Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport to Shanghai and Hong Kong beginning June 11, 2014.
Effective September 1, we are making changes to our First Class meal service on American and US Airways flights between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean to provide a consistent customer experience across our combined network.
We plan to bring current Dividend Miles accounts into the AAdvantage program in 2015. That means we will combine your award mileage balances, your Million Miler™ balances, and your elite-qualifying activity from both programs. In the meantime, continue to book travel and earn miles as you normally would. We will follow up with you when we begin the process of integrating accounts, but rest assured your miles and elite status are safe as we work to combine the two programs.
It will take some time to fully integrate our loyalty programs, including everything from the systems that support them to bringing our terms and conditions in line with one another. We will be sure to keep you updated as changes occur.
Be sure to check back often and follow our social channels to stay up-to-date on the latest developments and benefits coming your way.
As always, you can book, track and manage your travel plans on aa.com.
Committed to building a better American