AA's codeshare relationship with GOL is discontinuing effective August 13, 2012. All travel must be completed by August 12, 2013.
Check-In Locations and Information
PASSENGERS ARE ADVISED TO CHECK-IN WITH THE AIRLINE OPERATING THE FLIGHT.
- International Gateways
- Sao Paulo, Brazil
- For departures to cities in Brazil, check-in with GOL in Terminal 2
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- For departures to cities in Brazil, check-in with the GOL at Terminal 1.
- Other International Cities
- If your flight is operated by American Airlines, check in at the American Airlines ticket counter.
- If your flight is operated by GOL, check in at the GOL ticket counter.
International Documents and Taxes
- International document requirements vary by the country of departure, transit and arrival. Requirements also vary based on the citizenship of the passenger.
- United States citizens require a valid passport and visa for travel to Brazil.
- Check with the local consulate for requirements for other citizenships and destinations.
- International departure taxes vary by airport. Check with local airport for information.
- In general, passengers exempt from paying the tax include transit passengers proceeding within 24 hours and infants under two years.
Connections and Airport Transfers
- Upon arrival in Sao Paulo, passengers should proceed to the Transfer Desk for their connecting flight.
- American Airlines and GOL may operate from different terminals at some airports.
- Check with the operating airline or local airport for departure/arrival terminal information.
- Passengers connecting TO the U.S. are required to complete United States FAA / TSA mandated security screening before boarding.
- Current airport operations - SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT ADVANCE NOTICE
International Arrivals and Departures at Terminal 2
Operates from Terminal 2
Rio de Janeiro
International Arrivals and Departures from Terminal 2
Operates from Terminal 1
Services & Amenities
- Unaccompanied Minors
- American Airlines DOES NOT PERMIT the transfer of unaccompanied minors to/from any other airline.
- GOL does not offer any special meal service
- Checked Baggage
- Passengers can check their baggage through to their final destination for all American Airlines codeshare flights operated by GOL.
- Pre-reserved Seats
- Seats may be requested up to 330 days prior to departure but not within 48 hours of travel.
- Lounge Access
- When traveling in Premium cabins on AA codeshare flights operated by GOL or flights MARKETED AND OPERATED by GOL, passengers may use the GOL Lounge, where available, at airport of departure on the day of travel.
- Mileage Accrual
- Earn AAdvantage miles on American Airlines codeshare flights operated by GOL.
- To earn miles, your ticket MUST reflect an "AA" coded flight number.
*GOL is also a direct participant of the AAdvantage program, so AAdvantage miles can be accrued on tickets MARKETED AND OPERATED on GOL.
- Just provide your AAdvantage number when you make your reservations or when you check in for your flight. View more information on rules for earning miles.
- Elite Status Qualification
- You can earn elite status qualifying miles, points, and segments that count toward AAdvantage Executive Platinum, AAdvantage Platinum and AAdvantage Gold membership on American Airlines codeshare flights operated by GOL. Your ticket must reflect an "AA" coded flight number. View more information about elite status.
- Award Redemption
- GOL is a participant of the AAdvantage program.
- Passengers may redeem mileage for travel on flights operated by GOL.
Reservations and Changes
- Book a ticket for your travel on American Airlines codeshare flights operated by GOL online at aa.com.
- To make changes to your American Airlines codeshare flight reservation, call American Airlines Reservations at 1-800-433-7300 in the U.S. (including Puerto Rico) and Canada.
*For all other locations, please contact your local American Airlines reservations office.
American codeshares on GOL flights beyond the AA gateways in Brazil to select destinations within Brazil.