You must have JavaScript enabled to fully experience and utilize

Refunds - Change Form of Payment

Refunds - Change Form of Payment

American Airlines charges a fee of $50 USD per ticket charge to process a change in the form of payment (FOP) on a sale previously reported. Examples are: cash to credit card, credit card to cash, and one credit card to another credit card.

Any form of payment change involving a voucher is not possible.

Change of FOP may be submitted if travel has already commenced but the ticket must not be more than one year old. If the ticket is more than one year old, change of FOP will not be processed.

To Change The FOP:
If the new FOP is a credit card, fill out the Universal Charge Form with all of the ticket information, ticket value, the new credit card imprint, and the cardholders signature. Obtain approval code for the charge. Date the UCC form with the date that the approval was received. Signature on file is accepted.

Make a copy of the Airline Recording Corporation (ARC) report in which the ticket was reported, and make a copy of the ticket itself.

Send the completed Universal Charge Form, if applicable, the copy of the ARC report, copy of the ticket, and $50 USD per ticket charge on a separate UCC form or an agency check made out to American Airlines, and a cover letter explaining the change needed to the following address:

Cash to Credit Card
Credit Card to Cash Or Credit Card to a Different Credit Card

For Deliveries By UPS®, FedEx® And Other Shippers

American Airlines, Inc.
Attn: Passenger Refund Services - CFOP
4333 Amon Carter Blvd.
MD 5519
Fort Worth, Texas 76155

To inquire about your documents, contact AA Refunds and please to go Change Form of Payment Inquiries


Updated May 23, 2014

Information contained on this website is subject to change at any time without notice. American Airlines shall not be liable for any consequences resulting from your reliance on the information.