Nonrefundable tickets cannot be refunded. However, American Airlines may review for an exception under the following circumstances:
- Death of the passenger, immediate family member, or traveling companion
- In the case of the death of the passenger/immediate family member/ or a traveling companion/ the change fee may be waived or the ticket refunded provided a copy of the death certificate is presented to American Airlines. The refund will be in the form of a nonrefundable transportation voucher that may be used for future travel on American Airlines only. In the case of the passenger/s death the refund will be to the passenger/s estate via the original form of payment.
- Any Death refund requests must be sent directly to American Airlines Refunds -
A Travel Agency may not process a refund.
- Refund request and documents may be submitted online at www.refunds.aa.com.
- Refund request and documents may be mailed:
- Death Certificate along with a cover letter that includes the passenger name and ticket number.
4000 E Sky Harbor Blvd.
Phoenix, AZ 85034
Note: Advise retaining a copy of anything mailed for your records. Items mailed to Refunds are not returned.
- Refund request and documents may be faxed:
- Death certificate along with a cover letter that includes the passenger name and ticket number.
- Illness of the passenger
- If the customer, immediate family member, or traveling companion is not traveling due to illness the ticketed flights for travel must be cancelled prior to departure to have the value of the ticket for future travel. All penalties, rules/restrictions apply for new travel. American Airlines will no longer accept a doctor's note to waive charges.
- Exception requests should be submitted through American Airlines Refunds online at
www.refunds.aa.com for review - A Travel Agency may not process a refund.