For marketed and operated flights by American Airlines, American Eagle and
For codeshare, interline and alliance flights operated by other carriers:
- Changes to a ticketed passenger's name cannot be done by the travel agent in their Global Distribution System (GDS) in the same ticketed PNR. The agent will need to call AA Sales Support to request the name change.
- The name field should never be altered in a codeshare / interline / alliance PNR. Most
airlines have automation in place which will automatically cancel a booking if the name
field is altered. This policy includes simple misspellings.
- This policy pertains to all airlines.
- Insert advice of a name correction in an OSI/SSR message to the carrier.
- The original source of ticketing must reissue the ticket if necessary.
- Agents ticketing multi-carrier itineraries where space has been canceled due to name change
restrictions must contact each airline individually for reinstatement.
For marketed and operated flights by American Airlines, American Eagle and AmericanConnection:
- Changes to correct a ticketed passenger's name should be requested through SalesLink.
- Legitimate name corrections may include, but are not limited to:
- Typographical errors, transposed names, and nicknames.
- Changes to last names due to marriage or divorce, children surnames, and/or to comply with the customer ID or Passports if the full last name and/or first name does not match the document as issued by the government authority.
- No middle names should be in the name field of the PNR.
- The name field in the PNR should not include prefixes or suffixes, such as these examples: Dr., Mr., Jr., Sr., or III.
For codeshare, interline and alliance flights operated by other carriers and inventory control:
- Codeshare or OA segments in the itinerary or on the ticket. (The CSR will review to determine if a name correction waiver is possible.)
- Itineraries with B/ or C/ in the name field.
- OB inhibited flights.
- Sub-agent bookings made without an ARC profile.