NORTHEAST COASTAL STORM - Travel Notice Exception Advisory
American Airlines is offering travel options for customers whose flight plans have been impacted by Northeast Coastal Storm.
Northeast Coastal Storm
|Dates of Impacted Travel:
||January 7 through January 8, 2011
Applicable to Travel On:
American Airlines / American Eagle / AmericanConnection®
AA 001 ticket stock
Affected Area(s) To/From/Through:
ABE, AVP, BDL, BOS, BUF, EWR, HPN, JFK, LGA, MDT, PHL, PIT, ROC, SYR
American will waive administrative change fees and travel agents may rebook and reissue tickets provided the below guidelines are met and applied:
- Travel has not commenced on the affected flight segment and the ticket has not been reissued by American Airlines
- The first departure flight is more than 3 hours away
- Customer has not checked in (if checked in, American Airlines must reissue the ticket)
- One change is permitted under this policy without penalty fees or Change Fee
- Tickets can only be reissued by the agency that originally issued the ticket
- Tickets Issued By: January 5, 2011
- Ticket Travel Dates: January 7-8, 2011
- New Travel Date: January 6-9, 2011
Change to Origin / Destination
Changes to origin/destination are permitted however; the fare difference must be collected at the time of ticketing.
All fare rules apply with the exception of the following:
- Advance Purchase requirement waived
- Minimum/Maximum Stay requirement waived
- Change Fee waived
- When changes to the outbound travel occur, the unaffected return date may be changed to protect the original length of the trip. The return travel must be booked in the original class of service (inventory).
Applicable Booking Class
Rebook permitted as indicated below:
- If new travel originates January 6 through January 9, 2011, book in same class of service (inventory) if available. If same class of service is not available, ok to rebook in the next lowest class available. If next lowest class is not available, may book up to and including Y class. Change Fee will be waived.
If customers are unable to rebook or reissue their ticket within the given timeline, they can cancel their reservation and use the value of the ticket toward the purchase of a new ticket; all rules and restrictions apply. Travel must commence no later than one year from the date of original issuance.
Please note for tickets reissued after January 6, 2011, Change Fees will apply.
Required Documentation for Reissue
PNR must be documented with the following OSI message:
- 4OSI AA reissue per NORTHEAST COASTAL STORM JAN2011
IT Box and Endorsement Box entry:
- IT Box must be notated with the applicable waiver code:
- Waiver code AATN010511N for rebooking cabin to cabin (e.g. Coach to Coach)
- Waiver code AATN010511C for rebooking origin/destination (see Change to Origin / Destination)
- Endorsement Box must be notated with the applicable waiver code (for example: AATN010511N)
If a customer’s American Airlines, American Eagle, AmericanConnection® flight validated on 001 is cancelled due to a Travel Notice Exception Advisory, and no other alternate flights are acceptable, travel agents may refund a totally unused non-refundable ticket(s) through normal ARC/BSP processing.
Refund due to cancelled flight
- If no acceptable protection exists, may refund wholly unused ticket/coupons from a 001 ticket to original form of payment. Change Fee does not apply.
- Non-refundable tickets will be refunded to original form of payment
- Tickets that have a cancellation penalty fee will be refunded to the original form of payment; the cancellation penalty fee is waived.
- Refundable tickets will be refunded to the original form of payment
Required Documentation for Refunds
PNR must be documented with the following OSI message:
- 4OSI AA FLT CNLD REFUND PER NORTHEAST COASTAL STORM JAN2011
ARC/IAR REN entry:
- Waiver code box on the IAR/Refund detail screen must be noted in the following format: AATN010511R
- Waiver code on BSPLink/Refund Notice must be noted in the following format: AATN010511R
If a ticket has already been reissued by American Airlines or the ticket is partially used, travel agents must utilize AA.com to submit a refund request.
Flight is not cancelled:
If a customer's flight is not cancelled due to this event, and no other alternate flights are acceptable, a refund is not permitted. Customers may cancel their reservation and use the value of the ticket toward the purchase of a new ticket; all rules and restrictions apply. Travel must commence no later than one year from the date of original issuance.
Connecting customers’ en route to one of the above-listed destinations or whose flights are diverted will have the option to return to their original departure city and rebook travel to alternate future dates.
Customers should work directly with the airport to obtain a boarding pass for return travel to their original departure city. If the customer wishes to rebook travel to alternate future dates, please contact American Airlines Reservations for assistance. Alternatively, they may receive a refund if re-accommodation options are unacceptable.
Travel agents whose customers contact them directly to initiate the refund should utilize AA.com to submit a refund request.
- Bulk/Opaque Fare tickets must be referred to original issuing agent
- Some affected itineraries may have been proactively rebooked and reissued. If assistance is needed with additional changes, please contact American Airlines.
- Changes outside of these guidelines are subject to the reissue rules of the ticketed fare. This includes any applicable additional collection or Change Fee.
- Please ensure the above procedures are accurately followed to prevent debit memo issuance.
American Airlines will continue to monitor this Travel Notice Exception Advisory and adjust this policy if needed. Changes will be posted on AA.com and AA.com/Agency Reference. Please check these sources frequently for the most up to date information.
- AA.com/Agency Reference: Select Travel Notice Exception Policy - Travel Agency Guidelines
- Visit AA.com and navigate to AA News and Offers to view current travel notices.
- Contact your Sales Support Center 800-621-8489 or American Airlines Reservations 800-433-7300 (U.S. and Canada) or for Reservations outside the U.S. and Canada, please see our Worldwide Reservations Numbers page. American Airlines encourages all customers to check flight and gate status prior to leaving for the airport. For complete travel information, visit AA.com.