May 7, 2011- updated
Revised: 1515CT/22JUL – extended dates of suspension
Revised: 1051CT/3-AUG/APPRVD 06SEP – protect options on BR
AA Protection on Other Airlines or on AA
||Suspension of service JFK-HND-JFK
|Dates of Impacted Travel:
||AA135 JFKHND Sept 4, 2011 – May 31, 2012 / AA134 HNDJFK Sept 6, 2011 – June 2, 2012 (*was May 8 – Jul 2, 2011)
|Applicable to Travel On:
||AA*/JL (AA coded JL operated) JL Prime (JL coded and JL operated)
AA 001 Ticketed passengers:
JL Protection Options
Customers will be proactively rebooked by American Airlines on alternate AA JFK – NRT or NRT – JFK flights.
Reissue for Japan Suspension of Service -Schedule Change
Rebook permitted as indicated below:
JL Protection Options
- Traveling to/from NRT or HND either to/from the US or beyond Tokyo into points in Asia that you are unable to protect using schedule change
- Agency may book/protect on AA*/JL or JL prime, for the same day, in the same inventory as the original ticketed inventory or if the original ticketed inventory is not available book the lowest available inventory in the ticketed cabin.
- The new ticket must be annotated "AA-JPN SKED CHG" in the endorsement box. This is the only annotated verbiage required on the new ticket and supersedes the required verbiage for the fare ticketed.
BR Protection Options
- Travel agent my book applicable AA flights to gateway of LAX, SFO or SEA.
- Book AA*/BR flights between the gateway and TPE, and BR prime between TPE and origin/destination. Use the following inventory requirements.
- Customers originally holding AA inventory Y/B
- Book AA*/BR in L between LAX, SEA, SFO and TPE
- Book BR prime in L between TPE and origin/destination
- Customers originally holding any other AA coach fare
- Book AA*/BR in lowest available inventory below B between LAX, SEA, SFO and TPE
- Do not book B inventory for any AA*/BR flight
- Book BR prime in B between TPE and origin/destination
- Code share flights which are not operated by BR are excluded from this agreement
- The new ticket which must be annotated AA-JPN SKED CHG in the endorsement box. This is the only annotated verbiage required on the new ticket and supersedes the required verbiage for the fare ticketed.
When reissuing the tickets the PNR must be documented with the following OSI:
OSI AA JPN SKED CHG/AA FLIGHT NUMBER/DATE/CXLD OR SKED CHG
AA flight number is the original flight number.
Date is the original flight date.
Only one OSI per PNR is necessary even if multiple flights are impacted by the schedule change.
Schedule Change unacceptable to customer
Schedule Change-Rule 240/80 refunds must be processed by American Airlines via the online refund request form. Refer to the Refunds section below. Travel agencies are never allowed to process a refund of a non-refundable ticket on a Rule 240/80 via their ARC/BSP. American Airlines Reservations Representatives may not authorize exceptions to this policy. Change fee does not apply.
* Travel Agencies are never allowed to process a refund of a non-refundable on AAdvantage tickets for Schedule Change-Rule 240/80. You must contact AAdvantage® directly for assistance.
Exception - Travel agencies may refund BULK FARE and OPAQUE TICKETS ONLY per the below criteria:
If the Flight is cancelled:
- If a fare basis code contains NT, CB, CS, AS, ST or a published fare with a ticket designator of: CRUZ, WHLD, CONS, and PDWH by the wholesaler/consolidator that the ticket was issued by.
- If the ticket is issued as BT (zero fare ticket) then these refunds are handled by the booking source.
- Non-refundable bulk ticket may be refunded by the agency that issued the ticket to the form of payment (FOP); no penalty applies.
- Refundable tickets that have a cancellation penalty fee may be refunded by the agency that issued the ticket to the original form of payment and the cancellation penalty fee is waived.
- The Refund-Exchange document (ARC) and/or the Refund Authorization Request template (BSP) must reflect the waiver code: BULKRULE24080
For Revenue/Published Fares follow the guidelines below:
The form below is unique for Schedule Change-Rule 240/80 non-refundable or partial refund requests when applicable; please disregard the "Note" indicated on the form and do not select "Request Refund". This form is applicable for U.S. and Canada based agencies only. All other requests are to be submitted via the Ticket Refund Site on AA.com.
Note: This form is for normal Schedule Change-Rule 240/80 flight cancellations only. For flights cancelled due to a Travel Notice Exception Advisory, travel agents may refund a totally unused non-refundable ticket(s) through normal ARC/BSP processing.
- To access the form, refer to Schedule Change-Rule 240/80 Online Refund. This form is applicable for U.S. and Canada based agencies only.
- In the Email Subject category, on the drop down menu select Travel Agency Requesting Involuntary Exception.
- In the Comments/Questions category, you must indicate ALL AA tickets and coupons requested for the refund.
- When completed click Send Email.
Revised 06SEP11 - added protect BR.