Network System Outage – Exchange Exception Advisory
Updated: 17Apr13 – extended travel impact date./extended new travel date
Due to the Network System Outage, American is allowing the Travel Agency to assist the customers in changing their travel plans.
|Tickets Issued On/Before:
||April 16, 2013
|Dates of Impacted Travel:
||April 17, 2013 (was April 16, 2013)
|New Travel Dates:
||April 17 - 19, 2013 (was April 17 – 18, 2013)
|Origin/Destination/Stopover Changes (Connection Cities may always be changed):
Refund of Tickets:
Refer to - Network System Outage-Refund Exception Policy
Number of Ticket Changes:
Applicable to Travel On:
American Airlines / American Eagle / AmericanConnection®
AA 001 ticket stock
Reissue Policy Information
American will waive change fees and travel agents may rebook and reissue tickets provided the below guidelines are met and applied:
- Travel has not commenced on the affected flight segment and the ticket has not been reissued by American Airlines
- The first departure flight is more than 3 hours away
- Customer has not checked in (passenger may cancel flight to remove check-in)
- One change is permitted under this policy without penalty fees or Change Fee
- Tickets can only be reissued by the agency that originally issued the ticket
Change to Origin/Destination
- Tickets Issued on/before: April 16, 2013
- Dates of Impacted Ticketed Travel: April 17, 2013 (was April 16, 2013)
- New Travel Date: April 17 - 19, 2013 (was April 17 – 18, 2013)
Changes to Origin / Destination are permitted and subject to additional collection of fare for the new itinerary; waiving the Change Charge
Applicable Booking Class
- Change must be made by the date noted for the Exchange Exception Policy
- Book requested itinerary at current applicable fare
- If the new fare is higher than the originally ticket fare, the difference in fare will be collected.
- If the new fare is lower than the originally ticketed fare, a refund/residual of the fare difference may be issued back in the form of an MCO
- Ticket Change restrictions are waived
- Must be reticketed on/before original ticketed date of departure
All fare rules apply with the exception of the following:
Rebook permitted as indicated below:
- Advance Purchase requirement waived
- Minimum/Maximum Stay requirement waived
- Change Fee waived
- When changes to the outbound travel occur, the unaffected return date may be changed to protect the original length of the trip. The return travel must be booked in the original class of service (inventory).
INVENTORY CONTROL LEVEL
- If new travel originates April 17 - 18, 2013, rebook in same class of service (inventory) as originally ticketed. If same class (inventory) is not available, but G class (inventory) is available, may book lowest available class (inventory) in the same cabin. If ticket inventory or G inventory are not available a higher class of inventory will result in a new fare for inventory booked and the difference must be collected. Advance Purchase and Ticket Change restrictions are waived. See exception to fare rules above.
Note: If customers are unable to rebook or reissue their ticket within the given timeline, they can cancel their reservation and use the value of the ticket toward the purchase of a new ticket; all rules and restrictions apply. Travel must commence no later than one year from the date of original issuance. Please note for tickets reissued after April 18, 2013. Change Fee will apply.
Required Documentation for Reissue
PNR must be documented with the following OSI message:
IT Box and Endorsement Box entry:
- 4OSI AA REISSUE PER NETWORK SYS OUTAGE APR2013
Future Travel Rebooking Options that are after the Travel Event
- IT Box must be notated with the applicable waiver code:
- Waiver code AASYS041613 for rebooking cabin to cabin (e.g. Coach to Coach)
- No other information is required in the IT Box, The waiver code supersedes all other information
- Endorsement Box must be notated with the applicable waiver code
- (for example: AASYS041613 OR AASYS041613C)
- Customers who reschedule their reservation for travel after April 18, 2013, and are able to reissue no later than April 18 2013, may be subject to any applicable additional fare for their new itinerary, however, the change fee will be waived. In addition, PNR must be documented with OSI and the applicable waiver code AASYS041813E and documented ticket as noted below.
- OSI RESCHEDULED AASYS041613E
- IT BOX: AASYS041613E
- Please note for tickets reissued after April 18, 2013, change fees will apply
Refund Policy Information
Refer to Network System Outage-Refund Exception Policy
- Bulk/Opaque Fare tickets must be referred to original issuing agent.
- Some affected itineraries may have been proactively rebooked and reissued. If assistance is needed with additional changes, please contact American Airlines.
- Changes outside of these guidelines are subject to the reissue rules of the ticketed fare. This includes any applicable additional collection or Change Fee.
- Please ensure the above procedures are accurately followed to prevent debit memo issuance.
American Airlines will continue to monitor this Travel Notice Exception Advisory and adjust this policy if needed. Changes will be posted on AA.com and AA.com/Agency Reference. Please check these sources frequently for the most up to date information.
Group reservations must be changed by AA Group & Meeting Travel.