Network System Outage – Refund Exception Policy
Updated: 17Apr13- OA –AA – Refund Difference
Due to the Network System Outage, American is allowing the Travel Agency to process refunds for this event.
|Tickets Issued On/Before:
||April 16, 2013
|Dates of Impacted Travel:
||April 16, 2013
Refund of Tickets:
Yes- Original Form of Payment
Agency to process via ARC/IAR or BSP
AA 001 ticket stock
Refund Policy Information
- Refundable tickets will be refunded to the original form of payment (FOP)
- Refundable tickets that have a cancellation penalty fee will be refunded to the original form of payment (FOP); cancellation penalty fee is waived.
- Non-refundable tickets will be refunded to original form of payment (FOP)
NOTE: If the Revenue/Published or Bulk/Opaque fare ticket has been EXCH by AA as an INVOL or it is a partially used ticket, indicate the AA ticket number for the refund request and the Travel Agent ticket in the comments. If a ticket is partially used and qualifies for a partial refund the request must be submitted on the form. Refer to: Travel Agency – Travel Notice Exception Refund Request.
If two one way tickets were issued to complete a round trip and only 1 of the flights were cancelled; may submit the non-cancelled flight and indicate in the comment field: Ticket part of a roundtrip for the refund. Submit on the online form
Required Documentation for Refunds – Revenue and Bulk/Opaque Fares
ARC/IAR REN entry:
- Waiver code box on the IAR/Refund detail screen must be notated in the following format: AAOUTAGE0416
- Waiver code on BSPLink/Refund Notice must be notated in the following format: AAOUTAGE0416
If a ticket has already been reissued by American Airlines or the ticket is partially used, travel agents must submit the refund request online at AA Refunds. These requests processed by AA Refunds will be refunded to the original form of payment.
Note: The online refund form is applicable to U.S. and Canada based agencies only.
Customer Rebooked on OA Carrier- Refund Fare Difference
If the agency has rebooked and issued a ticket on another carrier for travel as originally ticketed on AA due to the Network System Outage, American will honor the fare difference.
The agency may submit to American Airlines due to the Network System Outage the AA issued ticket or a partially used ticket online to Travel Agency – Travel Notice Exception Refund Request
- Email Subject category, on the drop down menu select Travel Agency – Travel Notice Exception Refund Request
- Comments/Questions category:
- Indicate: Due to Network System Outage
- Refund fare difference
- Provide: OA Carrier/ ticket number/amount.
- Please disregard the "Note" indicated on the form and do not select "Request Refund".
When completed click Send Email