AMERICAN AIRLINES AWARDS THE EQUIVALENT OF 312 ROUND-TRIP TICKETS
TO BUSINESSES THROUGH ‘FLIGHTS.CAMERA.ACTION’ CONTEST
More Awards on the Horizon for Grand Prize Winner Top 5 Finalists Named
American Airlines, in cooperation with SCORE, today announced the five finalists in the “Flights.Camera.Action” contest for small and medium-sized businesses. The companies entered the contest by submitting videos that communicate how travel and exposure to American’s customers through various AA media channels would impact the future of their businesses. As the contest has progressed, American has already awarded 625,000 Business ExtrAA® points – the equivalent of more than 300 round-trip domestic Plan AAhead® award Economy Class tickets – to participants in the “Flights.Camera.Action” contest.
The five finalists were selected through a public vote on 50 semifinalists from hundreds of submitted videos. The top five video finalists represent a cross section of industries and geographic regions from around the United States, and include:
The “Flights.Camera.Action” contest winner will be selected by an esteemed panel of judges, which includes:
- Gondola Adventures, Newport Beach, Calif. – This company offers romantic, Venetian-style Gondola rides through the canals of Newport Beach, Calif.
- Hope Force International, Brentwood, Tenn. – A not-for-profit organization that mobilizes thousands of volunteers into areas of crisis around the world.
- Light of the World Charities, Palm City, Fla. – a not-for-profit organization that sends volunteers from the health and medical community to provide world-wide medical care to the poor and sick.
- Project Harambee, Berwyn, Ill. – A not-for-profit organization that assists those in Sub-Saharan Africa affected by and at risk for HIV infection.
- YAK Films, New York, N.Y. – An international production company that uses multimedia to document and share the urban dance movement around the world.
The finalists will each receive 20,000 Business ExtrAA points that can be redeemed for 10 domestic round-trip Plan AAhead award Economy Class tickets, plus 3,000 additional Business ExtrAA points that can be redeemed for an annual Admirals Club® membership. Additionally, they will receive an all-expense-paid trip to attend the SCORE Awards Gala on Sept. 15, 2011 in Washington, D.C., where the Grand Prize winner will be announced by Derek DeCross, American’s Vice President – Sales.
- Leigh Buchanan, INC.’s Editor-at-Large
- Kelley Cox, U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s Executive Director of Business Development
- Rieva Lesonsky, GrowBizMedia’s Founder and Chief Executive Officer
- Virasb Vahidi, American’s Chief Commercial Officer
- Ken Yancey, SCORE’s Chief Executive Officer