AA And SCORE Offer Small And Medium Businesses Chance To Win Travel And Media Exposure
American Airlines and SCORE today announced the launch of its small business contest – Flights.Camera.Action. – to support the growth of small and medium businesses (SMBs). The contest comes on the heels of a recent American Airlines survey of small and medium business employees, indicating an anticipated increase in corporate business travel in the next 12 to 18 months and that face-to-face meetings requiring airline travel are crucial to the success of their business.
To enter, SMBs are encouraged to submit interactive videos on the contest website, www.aa.com/flightscameraaction, between June 8 and July 15, 2011 explaining how free travel and extensive media exposure would impact the future of their business. Public voting will run between Aug. 1 and Aug. 26, 2011. Most prizes will be delivered via the Business ExtrAA® program, American’s business-to-business loyalty program, in which companies can enroll at no cost. Participants will have multiple opportunities to be rewarded during each stage of this campaign:
- The first 200 businesses to the website and in compliance with the Official Rules will receive three hundred Business ExtrAA® bonus points, equivalent to an Admirals Club® One Day Pass.
- The top 50 videos selected will earn for their business up to five domestic round-trip Plan AAhead® Award coach tickets via 10,000 Business ExtrAA points and the Entrant will receive two tickets to attend the SCORE Awards Gala in Washington, D.C. on Sept. 15, 2011.
- The top 5 finalists, voted on by the public Aug. 1 through August 26, 2011 will receive an additional 10,000 Business ExtrAA points for a total of 20,000 Business ExtrAA points, which may be used to attend the SCORE Awards Gala, recognition at the event, and exposure to American Airlines customers on AA.com/business. The Company Grand Prize Winner will receive an additional 80,000 Business ExtrAA points (for a total of 100,000 points) which equals to up to 50 domestic round-trip Plan AAhead® coach tickets, which may be used to attend the SCORE Awards Gala, recognition at the event, and the ultimate exposure package to American Airlines customers, including a full-page ad in one issue of American Way or American Airlines Nexos magazine, banners on AA.com, an In-Flight TV testimonial, and more.
The SMB Market and travel trends:
The expanding small and medium business market continues to play an important role in the U.S. economic recovery. According to the U.S. Small Business Association, there were 27.5 million small businesses in the U.S. in 2009, representing 99.7 percent of all employer firms. A recent American Airlines online survey of more than 2,600 employees of SMBs underscored the expected growth in SMB travel 2011 finding:
- Approximately 72 percent of SMB customers nationwide anticipate their company’s economic outlook will improve in the next 12 to 18 months.
- About 4 out of 10 anticipate that their corporate business travel will increase during that time.
- Roughly 64 percent of SMB employees believe that face-to-face meetings requiring airline travel are crucial to the success of their business.
- Nearly all SMB companies are actively controlling airline costs and say that business-to business loyalty programs are one of the top three methods to maximize the value of their travel.
Contest Terms and Conditions
No purchase necessary to enter or win. Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age. Contest commences at 11:59 am CT on June 8, 2011, and submissions must be received by 11:59 pm CT on July 15, 2011. Contest is subject to Official Rules at www.aa.com/flightscameraaction. Contest sponsored by American Airlines, Inc., 4333 Amon Carter Blvd, Fort Worth, TX 76155 and The SCORE Association, 1175 Herndon Pkwy, Ste. 900, Herndon, VA 20170. Void outside of the 50 U.S. states and District of Columbia where prohibited by law.