Frequently Asked Questions
1. What number should I call to book groups?
Until we integrate our group product and booking systems, please contact American Airlines Group & Meeting Travel for travel on American Airlines and contact US Airways Group Travel for group travel on US Airways:
2. Which airline's group rules and deposits should I follow?
Use the rules and policies of the airline that booked your reservations and issued your contract. Once we have integrated our products and systems, we'll align group travel rules and policies.
3. Can I combine American and US Airways segments to get my group to their final destination?
Not yet. We are working toward integration, as well as interline and codeshare class alignment and expect these product enhancements to be available soon.
4. Will my American convention and meeting zone fares be available on US Airways?
Until we integrate our group product and booking systems, these fares will only be available on American-operated flights.
5. Will I be able to use my American wedding or other product discounts on US Airways itineraries?
Effective May 1, 2014 group discounts will no longer be available on American-operated flights.
6. Will I be able to book American groups by calling the US Airways group desk?
Not yet. Until we integrate our group product and booking systems, please continue to contact American to book group travel on American and contact US Airways to book group travel on US Airways.
7. What is your timeline to merge group departments and products?
Our goal is to offer a quality, integrated, high-value product, but it will take some time to fully integrate. Please rest assured, that you will have full access to both group desks while we work on a smooth integration.