Click OK to login and restart your reservation.
Click Cancel to continue with your reservation without logging in.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM PRIZE.
2. TO ENTER. American Airlines Vail and Beaver Creek Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") commences at 11:59 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") time on November 14, 2011 and ends at 11:59 a.m. ET time on December 12, 2011 ("Promotional Period"). During Promotional Period entrants can enter the Sweepstakes in the manner(s) listed below. All entries must be received by 11:59 a.m. ET time on December 12, 2011.
There are three (3) ways to enter Sweepstakes. There is a limit of a total of five (5) entries per entrant regardless of entry method. These five (5) entries can be achieved via one or a combination of the below entry methods. Entry limitations associated with an entry method, if any, are specified below. Only fully completed entry forms are eligible. Once submitted all entries become the exclusive property of American Airlines, Inc. ("American Airlines" or "Sponsor") and will not be acknowledged nor will they be returned.
To Enter Online: Visit www.aa.com/skitrip and complete all required fields on the online entry form, submit as required and receive one (1) entry into Sweepstakes. Entrant may enter Sweepstakes one (1) time via this method of entry.
To Enter Via Sharing: Entrant can receive up to four (4) entries after registering for the Sweepstakes online as specified above and then forwarding the Sweepstakes entry information to other individuals who would otherwise be eligible to enter Sweepstakes. Entrant will receive one (1) entry for each individual they share Sweepstakes entry information with up to a maximum of four (4) entries. Instructions on how to forward Sweepstakes entry information are included on the Sweepstakes online entry form. Limit up to four (4) entries via this entry method regardless of how many individuals entrant may forward Sweepstakes entry information to.
To Enter Via Ticket Purchase: Entrant can receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry by purchasing an airline ticket via www.aa.com on American Airlines or its Airline Associates during the Promotion Period to Vail, Colorado via Eagle County Airport. After purchasing a ticket as specified above, entrant must register for the Sweepstakes online as specified above and entrant will receive one (1) entry into Sweepstakes.
All entries submitted in compliance with these Official Rules and not disqualified are considered "Eligible Entries".
3. ELIGIBILITY. Sweepstakes open to individuals legally residing in the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and agents of Sponsor, The Marketing Arm Inc. ("Administrator") and each of their parents and affiliates, agencies, distributors, wholesalers and retailers, and members of such employees' and agents' immediate families and individuals living in the same household with such employees, are not eligible to enter or win Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law. Retirees of American Airlines, Inc., American Eagle Airlines, Inc. and/or Executive Airlines, Inc. are eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. Void outside of the fifty United States and the District of Columbia and where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law.
4. PRIZE DETAILS.
Grand Prize: The one (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive: (i) seven (7) nights hotel accommodations at a Vail Resort owned and managed property in Vail or Beaver Creek, Colorado with a total approximate retail value ("ARV") of $5,600; (ii) six (6) days ski lift tickets at Vail and Beaver Creek for four (4) people, with a total ARV of $2,784; (iii) six (6) days ski rentals at Vail and Beaver Creek for four (4) people, with a total ARV of $1,440; (iv) four (4) roundtrip ground transfers on Colorado Mountain Express from Eagle Airport to Vail or Beaver Creek lodging, with a total ARV of $408; (v) $1,000 cash with a total ARV of $1,000; and (vi) 200,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® miles which may be used for air transportation on American Airlines or its "Airline Associates" (American Eagle, Executive Airlines or the AmericanConnection® carrier), oneworld® carriers or select AAdvantage® participating airlines, car rentals, hotel stays and other awards available at AA.com/redeem, with an ARV of $3,980, the ("Grand Prize"). The total ARV of the Grand Prize is $15,212.
First Place Prize: The five (5) First Place Prize Winners will each receive: (i) four (4) nights hotel accommodations at a Vail Resort owned and managed property in Vail or Beaver Creek, Colorado, which will be one (1) room based on double occupancy, with a total ARV of $1,600; (ii) three (3) days ski lift tickets at Vail and Beaver Creekfor two (2) people, with a total ARV of $696; (iii) three (3) days ski rentals at Vail and Beaver Creekfor two (2) people, with a total ARV of $360; (iv) two (2) roundtrip ground transfers on Colorado Mountain Express from Eagle Airport to Vail or Beaver Creek lodging, with a total ARV of $204; and (v) 100,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® miles which may be used for air transportation on American Airlines or its "Airline Associates" (American Eagle, Executive Airlines or the AmericanConnection® carrier), oneworld® carriers or select AAdvantage® participating airlines, car rentals, hotel stays and other awards available at AA.com/redeem, with an ARV of $1,990, the ("First Place Prize"). The total ARV of each First Place Prize is $4,850.
Total ARV of all Prizes is $39,462. The ARVs are subject to change based on current market conditions at time of Prize fulfillment. Any difference between the ARVs and the actual values, if any, will not be awarded. Winners are responsible for the full cost of transportation to and from their departure airport. Winners are responsible for any and all applicable fees, service charges, surcharges or passenger facility charges and all insurance costs, federal, state, local and foreign taxes, if any, gratuities, meals, incidentals and any other unspecified expenses associated with acceptance or use of the Prizes. Some of these taxes, fees and other amounts may be due upon booking/ticketing the AAdvantage® award travel. Released Parties (hereinafter defined) shall have no responsibility or obligation to a Winner who is unable or unavailable to, or who does not for any reason, accept or utilize the Prizes. All travel must be booked and completed by April 3, 2012.
5. DRAWING AND AWARDING OF PRIZES. On or about December 19, 2011, a random drawing will be conducted from among all Eligible Entries received by Sponsor whose independent judging organization, Administrator, will select the Winners in a random drawing from among all Eligible Entries received by Sponsor. The Administrator's and Sponsor's decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. The potential Winners will be notified by phone. The potential Winners will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (which affirms that he/she has complied with these rules) as well as a liability release, and where legal, a publicity release, each of which, if issued, must be completed, signed and returned within three (3) days from date of issuance, or the Prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate Winner to be selected in a random drawing from among all Eligible Entries. If any Prize, Prize notification or attempted notification is returned as undeliverable, the Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate Winner to be selected in a random drawing from among all Eligible Entries. Except where prohibited, acceptance of a Prize constitutes Winner's consent to use of his/her name and/or photograph without further compensation for advertising, promotional and publicity purposes by Sponsor. By accepting Prize, Winners acknowledge compliance with these official rules. If a potential Winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, the foregoing documents must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian and such Prize will be delivered to minor's parent/legal guardian and awarded in the name of minor's parent/legal guardian.
Prizes are provided "as is" and without any warranty of any kind. Prizes are non-transferable. No cash redemption or Prize substitution allowed by a Winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute Prize of equal or greater value if advertised Prize becomes unavailable. Limit one Prize per household/family.
6. ODDS. Odds of winning depend upon the number of Eligible Entries received.
7. AADVANTAGE® MILES TERMS. American Airlines AAdvantage® miles will be credited to the AAdvantage® account of each Winner, who must provide a valid AAdvantage® membership number in order to receive the mileage credit. American Airlines AAdvantage® miles awarded in this promotion will not count toward elite status qualification in the AAdvantage® program. Winners who are not AAdvantage® members may join at no cost online at www.aa.com or by calling the AAdvantage® membership desk at 1-800-882-8880. The credited miles may thereafter be redeemed in any manner consistent with the AAdvantage® program Terms and Conditions, which are subject to change at any time without notice and can be found at www.aa.com/aadvantage when you click on Program Details and then click on AAdvantage® Terms and Conditions. Determination of income tax liability on AAdvantage® travel awards is the responsibility of the Winner. American Airlines may, among other things, (i) withdraw, limit, modify, or cancel any award; (ii) change program benefits, mileage levels, participant affiliations, conditions of participation, rules for earning, redeeming, retaining or forfeiting mileage credit, or rules for the use of travel awards; or (iii) add travel embargo dates, limit the number of seats available for award travel (including, but not limited to, allocating no seats on certain flights) or otherwise restrict the continued availability of travel awards or special offers. American Airlines reserves the right to change the AAdvantage® program and its terms and conditions at any time without notice, and to end the AAdvantage® program with six months notice. American Airlines may make any one or more of these changes at any time even though such changes may affect your ability to use the mileage credit or awards that you have already accumulated. AAdvantage® travel awards, accrued mileage credits and special offers are subject to government regulations. American Airlines is not responsible for products and services offered by other participating companies. For complete AAdvantage® program details, visit www.aa.com/aadvantage. Sponsor is not liable for any expense incurred as a consequence of a flight cancellation or flight delay. Travel is subject to availability and certain other restrictions, which are subject to change in the sole discretion of Sponsor. Flight schedules subject to change without notice.
8. AMERICAN AIRLINES TRAVEL TERMS. All travel must be completed by April 3, 2012. If a Winner is unable to travel by this date, Prize will be forfeited. Travel must originate and end at the airport nearest Winner's home that is served by American Airlines or its Airline Associates. Travel is subject to availability and certain other restrictions, which are subject to change in the sole discretion of American Airlines. Winner's guest must be 18 years of age or older if not a member of Winner's immediate family and will be required to execute and return a liability/publicity release (which must also be signed by such guest's parent or legal guardian, if minor) prior to travel Winner and Winner's guest must travel together on the same itinerary, including the same departure date, destination and return date. No stopovers are permitted on tickets issued as a Prize; if a stopover occurs, the Prize will terminate at the stopover point and full fare will be charged for the remaining segments, including the return, of the trip. Sponsor is not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of a flight cancellation or flight delay. Schedules subject to change without notice.
10. TAXES. Any valuation of the Prizes stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsor. The value of the Prizes will be taxable to Winners as income. All federal, state and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and/or use of Prizes not specifically provided for in these official rules are solely the Winner's responsibility. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Winners must provide the Sponsor with valid identification and a signed Form W-9 with a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any Prize will be awarded. Any residents of the 48 contiguous/50 United States that win over $600 in Prizes will have income reported to them on IRS Form 1099, as required under IRS rules and a copy of said form will be sent to the IRS. You must contact your own tax advisor for any questions concerning taxes.
11. OTHER CONDITIONS. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to , modify or suspend this Sweepstakes or any portion hereof, or to disqualify any individual implicated in any of the following actions, if for any reason: (a) infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in Sponsor's sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, (b) the Sweepstakes or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper processing of entries per these rules, or (c) the Sweepstakes is otherwise not capable of running as planned by Sponsor. In the event of modification or suspension, Sponsor shall award the Prizes to Winners to be selected in a random drawing from among the remaining uncorrupted Eligible Entries. By entering, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsors, Administrator and each of their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotional agencies, wholesalers and retailers, and each of the foregoing entities' employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents (collectively the "Released Parties"), from and against any and all claims, actions and/or liability for any injuries or death, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in and/or entry into the Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of any Prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related travel or other activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, and assume no responsibility for (i) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, (ii) failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, (iii) communications line, hardware and/or software failures, (iv) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, (v) theft or destruction of, tampering with, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries and/or entry information, or (vi) entries which are late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, unintelligible and/or postage due (or any combination thereof). The use of third-party software or website or automated entry systems to participate is prohibited, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entries made in such fashion. By entering, entrants agree to comply with these official rules. Any entrant who attempts to tamper with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. In the event of dispute as to who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address in question. Additional restrictions may apply.
12. DISPUTES. Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any Prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas or the appropriate Texas State Court located in Fort Worth, Texas; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas.
13 WINNERS' LIST. The names of the Winners will be posted on the AA.com® website at www.aa.com/promowinners on or about January 20, 2012.
14. ADMINISTRATOR. The Marketing Arm Inc., 1999 Bryan Street, Suite 1800, Dallas, TX 75201.
15. SPONSOR. American Airlines, Inc., 4333 Amon Carter Blvd., Ft. Worth, Texas 76155.
American Eagle, Executive Airlines and the AmericanConnection® carrier are regional airlines associated with American Airlines, Inc. American Eagle service is operated by American Eagle Airlines, Inc., or Executive Airlines, Inc., each of which is a wholly owned subsidiary of the parent company of American Airlines. The AmericanConnection® service is operated by Chautauqua Airlines, Inc., an unaffiliated independent contractor.
AmericanAirlines, AAdvantage, Admirals Club, American Eagle, Executive Airlines and AmericanConnection are trademarks of American Airlines, Inc.
oneworld is a trademark of oneworld Alliance, LLC
Copyright 2011 American Airlines, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Printed in U.S.A.
ABBREVIATED MANDATORY RULES:
Copyright 2011 American Airlines, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Printed in U.S.A.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. 2. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years or older. 3. Sweepstakes begins at 11:59 a.m. Eastern time ("ET") on November 14, 2011 and all entries must be received by 11:59 a.m. ET time on December 12, 2011. 4. ELIGIBILITY: Employees and agents of Sponsor, Administrator and affiliates , agencies, distributors, wholesalers and retailers, and members of such employees' and agents' immediate families and individuals living in the same household with such employees or agents, are not eligible to win. 5. PRIZE DETAILS: One Grand Prize, ARV $15,212 and five First Place Prizes, each ARV $4,850. 6. ODDS: Odds of winning depend on number of entries. 7. Void where prohibited. 8. Participation is subject to complete official rules by which all entrants are bound. Available at www.aa.com/skitrip. 9. Entrants release all parties from all claims/liability arising from this Sweepstakes or acceptance/use of any Prize. 10. Sponsor: American Airlines, Inc. 4333 Amon Carter Blvd., Ft. Worth, Texas 76155.
Copyright 2011 American Airlines, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Printed in U.S.A.