Click OK to login and restart your reservation.
Click Cancel to continue with your reservation without logging in.
American Airlines Five Star Vacation Package Sweepstakes
Sponsored by American Airlines, Inc.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID OUTSIDE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES. The American Airlines Five Star Vacation Package Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) commences 9:00 a.m. Central Daylight Time (“) on July 18, 2011 and ends 11:59 a.m. on September 30, 2011, (the “Promotion Period”). Entrants can complete an official entry form during the Promotion Period via listed below. All entries must be received by 11:59 a.m. on September 30, 2011.
To Enter: There is a limit of a total of two (2) entries per AAdvantage® number regardless of entry method. These two (2) entries can be achieved via one or a combination of the below entry methods. Entry limitations associated with an entry method, if any, are specified below. Only fully completed entry forms are eligible. Once submitted, all entries become the exclusive property of American Airlines, Inc. (“Sponsor”) and will not be acknowledged nor will they be returned. Please carefully read the entry instructions below:
Enter Online: Visit www.aa.com/fivestarpromo and complete all required fields on the online entry form, submit as requested and receive one (1) entry into Sweepstakes. Only fully completed entry forms are eligible. Entrant may enter Sweepstakes up to two (2) times via this method of entry.
Enter via Five Star ServiceSM Reservation: Entrant can receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry after registering for the Sweepstakes online as specified above and then by making a reservation for Five Star ServiceSM, with the same email address used to register online. Limit to one (1) entry via this entry method.
All entries submitted in compliance with these Official Rules and not disqualified are considered “Eligible Entries”.
3. PRIZE DETAILS: One (1) winner (“Winner”) will receive:
(i) 500,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® miles, which may be used for round-trip First Class air transportation for two (2) on American Airlines or its “Airline Associates” (American Eagle, Executive Airlines, or the AmericanConnection® carrier) for the Winner and one (1) guest. In order to receive all other prizes described in (ii) and (iii) below, the air transportation must be to one of American Airlines 14 Five Star ServiceSM destinations (Boston; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Chicago (O'Hare); Dallas Fort Worth; London (Heathrow), England; Los Angeles; Miami; Milan, Italy; New York (Kennedy); New York (LaGuardia); San Francisco; Sao Paulo, Brazil; Tokyo (Narita), Japan; and Washington, D.C. (Reagan)) with American Airlines Five Star ServiceSM (the “Winner’s Destination”). (Approximate retail value is (“ARV”) $9,950);
(ii) Five Star ServiceSM at Winner’s Destination airport for Winner and his/her guest (ARV of up to $400); and
(iii) one (1) $5,000 pre-paid gift card, which will expire one year from the date of issuance and may be used towards five (5) nights hotel accommodations at a 5-star hotel for Winner and his/her guest at the Winner’s Destination, dinner for Winner and his/her guest at a 5-star restaurant at the Winner’s Destination (alcohol not included), and round-trip private car service for Winner and his/her guest, to be taken together, between airport and hotel at Winner’s Destination (ARV $5,000),
The ARVs listed above are subject to change based on current market conditions at the time of Prize fulfillment. Any difference between the ARVs and the actual values, if any, will not be awarded. Total ARV is $15,350.
Winner is responsible for the full cost of transportation to and from the closest American Airlines departure city and their place of residence. Winner is responsible for any and all applicable fees, service charges, surcharges or passenger facility charges and all insurance costs, federal, state, local and foreign taxes, if any, gratuities, meal, incidentals and any other unspecified expenses associated with acceptance or use of the Prize. Some of these taxes, fees and other amounts may be due upon booking/ticketing the AAdvantage® award travel. Prizes are provided “as is” and without any warranty of any kind. Prizes are non transferable. No cash redemption or Prize substitution allowed by the Winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute Prize of equal or greater value if advertised Prize becomes unavailable or for any other reason.
4. DRAWING AND AWARDING OF PRIZES: On or about October 6, 2011, an independent fulfillment organization, The Marketing Arm Inc. (“Administrator”), will select the potential Winner in a random drawing among all Eligible Entries received by Sponsor. The potential Winner will be notified by email on or about October 15, 2011 and will be required to confirm his/her address for paperwork delivery. If potential Winner does not meet the eligibility requirements or does not confirm his/her address within five (5) days of initial contact, an alternate potential Winner will be selected from a random drawing from among all remaining Eligible Entries. The Sponsor’s decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
The potential Winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release as well as an IRS W-9 (i.e. Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification) each of which must be completed, signed and returned within five (5) days from date of issuance, or the Prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate Winner to be selected in a random drawing from among the remaining Eligible Entries (such documentation may be sent by facsimile provided the facsimile documents are received within five (5) days and the original documents are sent via mail and received within ten (10) days). If potential Winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, the foregoing documents must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian and such Prize will be delivered to minor’s parent/legal guardian and awarded in the name of minor’s parent/legal guardian.
If any Prize notification or attempted notification is returned as undeliverable, the Prize will be forfeited and will then be awarded to an alternate Winner to be selected in a random drawing from among all of the remaining Eligible Entries received. Except where prohibited, acceptance of a Prize constitutes Winner’s consent to use of his/her full name and/or photograph without further compensation for advertising, promotional and publicity purposes by Sponsor. By accepting Prize, Winner acknowledges compliance with these Official Rules.
5. ODDS. Odds of winning depend upon the number of Eligible Entries received.
6. ELIGIBILITY. Sweepstakes open to individuals legally residing in the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and agents of Sponsor, Administrator and each of their parents and affiliates, agencies, distributors, wholesalers and retailers, and members of such employees’ immediate families and individuals living in the same household with such employees, are not eligible to enter or win Sweepstakes. Void outside of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law.
8. AADVANTAGE® MILES TERMS. American Airlines AAdvantage® miles will be credited to the AAdvantage® account of the Winner, who must provide a valid AAdvantage® membership number in order to receive the mileage credit. American Airlines AAdvantage® miles awarded in this promotion will not count toward elite status qualification in the AAdvantage® program. Winner who are not AAdvantage® members may join at no cost online at www.aa.com or by calling the AAdvantage® membership desk at 1-800-882-8880. The credited miles may thereafter be redeemed in any manner consistent with the AAdvantage® program Terms and Conditions, which are subject to change at any time without notice and can be found at www.aa.com/aadvantage, by clicking on Program Details and then clicking on AAdvantage® Terms and Conditions. Determination of income tax liability on AAdvantage® travel awards is the responsibility of the Winner. American Airlines may, among other things, (i) withdraw, limit, modify, or cancel any award; (ii) change program benefits, mileage levels, participant affiliations, conditions of participation, rules for earning, redeeming, retaining or forfeiting mileage credit, or rules for the use of travel awards; or (iii) add travel embargo dates, limit the number of seats available for award travel (including, but not limited to, allocating no seats on certain flights) or otherwise restrict the continued availability of travel awards or special offers. American Airlines reserves the right to change the AAdvantage® program and its terms and conditions at any time without notice, and to end the AAdvantage® program with six months notice. American Airlines may make any one or more of these changes at any time even though such changes may affect your ability to use the mileage credit or awards that you have already accumulated. AAdvantage® travel awards, accrued mileage credits and special offers are subject to government regulations. American Airlines is not responsible for products and services offered by other participating companies. For complete AAdvantage® program details, visit www.aa.com/aadvantage. Sponsor is not liable for any expense incurred as a consequence of a flight cancellation or flight delay. Travel is subject to availability and certain other restrictions, which are subject to change in the sole discretion of Sponsor. Flight schedules subject to change without notice.
9. TAXES. Any valuation of the Prizes stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsor. The value of the Prizes will be taxable to Winner as income. All federal, state and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and/or use of Prize not specifically provided for these Official Rules are solely the Winner’s responsibility. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Winner must provide the Sponsor with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any Prize will be awarded. The Winner will receive an IRS form 1099 as required under IRS rules, at the end of the calendar year if the actual value of Prize is over $600, and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS. Potential and actual Winner must contact their own tax advisors for any questions concerning taxes.
10. OTHER CONDITIONS. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or suspend this Sweepstakes or any portion hereof, or to disqualify any individual implicated in any of the following actions, if for any reason: (a) infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, (b) the Sweepstakes or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper processing of entries per these rules, or (c) the Sweepstakes is otherwise not capable of running as planned by Sponsor. In the event of such modification or suspension, Sponsor reserves the right to award the Prize to a Winner to be selected in random drawings from among the remaining uncorrupted Eligible Entries. By entering, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotional agencies, wholesalers and retailers, and each of the foregoing entities’ employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all claims, actions and/or liability for any injuries or death, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in and/or entry into the Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of any Prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related travel or other activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, and assume no responsibility for (i) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, (ii) failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, (iii) communications line, hardware and/or software failures, (iv) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, (v) theft or destruction of, tampering with, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries and/or entry information, or (vi) entries which are late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, unintelligible and/or postage due (or any combination thereof). The use of third-party software or website or automated entry systems to participate is prohibited, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entries made in such fashion. By entering, each entrant agrees to comply with these Official Rules. Any entrant who attempts to tamper with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. In the event of dispute as to who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address in question. Additional restrictions may apply.
11. DISPUTES. Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any Prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas or the appropriate Texas State Court located in Fort Worth, Texas; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas.
12. WINNERS LIST AND OFFICIAL RULES. All requests for a copy of the Official Rules and for the name of the Winner must be made by October 30, 2011. Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting Official Rules. For the name of the Winner and/or Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to American Airlines Five Star Vacation Package Sweepstakes Promotions Team, c/o The Marketing Arm, 1999 Bryan Street, Suite 1800, Dallas, TX 75201. The name of the Winner will be posted on the AA.com website at www.aa.com/promowinners on or about November 15, 2011.
13. ADMINISTRATOR. The Marketing Arm Inc., 1999 Bryan Street, Suite 1800, Dallas, TX 75201.
14. SPONSOR. American Airlines, Inc, 4333 Amon Carter Blvd, Fort Worth, Texas 76155.
AAdvantage, AmericanAirlines, AA.com, American Eagle, AmericanConnection and Five Star Service are trademarks of American Airlines, Inc.
American Eagle, Executive Airlines and the AmericanConnection® carrier are regional airlines associated with American Airlines, Inc. American Eagle service is operated by American Eagle Airlines, Inc., or Executive Airlines, Inc., each of which is a wholly owned subsidiary of the parent company of American Airlines. The AmericanConnection® service is operated by Chautauqua Airlines, Inc., an unaffiliated independent contractor.Copyright 2011 All Rights Reserved.