Information is current as of
There are currently no travel policies in effect. Learn more about circumstances that could affect schedules, airport operations, parking by selecting the Travel Notices tab.
Electronic Equipment/Personal Devices
Good news! You're now able to read your e-books, play games, and watch videos on your portable electronic devices from gate to gate within the U.S. There are a few things to keep in mind during taxi, takeoff and landing:
- Devices will need to be in airplane mode and you'll need to secure them by either holding or placing them under your seat.
- Wi-Fi access on equipped aircraft will be available shortly after takeoff.
- This change doesn't apply to larger items such as laptops. Those items will still need to be stowed.
This change won't be implemented on some of American's regional flights (operated as American Eagle) until later this year. Because the safety of our customers and people is always our top priority, you should still listen to all safety briefings and comply with crewmember instructions.
Flight Number Changes
As part of ongoing preparations for our proposed merger with US Airways, we are implementing changes to our flight numbers to accommodate the US Airways flights to be added to our network as a combined carrier. The first phase of this change will roll out on all flights operated by American Eagle and ExpressJet beginning June 12 and will appear on aa.com and other reservation systems on May 5. Flight dates and times will remain the same, and no action is required on your part.
Guidelines For Lithium Batteries
Passengers wishing to carry spare lithium batteries for devices such as laptops, cell phones, wheelchairs or assistive devices, hearing aids and cameras are required to pack them in their carry-on baggage with the terminals covered/insulated. For safety, we recommend that you remove batteries from devices in your checked bags and place them in your carry-on in separate plastic bags.
Damaged batteries will not be accepted for transport.
Batteries for automobiles, boats or aircraft will not be accepted for transport.
Please see visit the Safe Travel website
for tips on traveling with spare batteries.
Location Specific Information
The following locations may experience irregular operations due to circumstances described below. Please check www.aa.com/gates for updated information. Also, please check our Suggested
Arrival Times page to allow enough time to arrive at the airport before your departure.
- Buenos Aires, Argentina (EZE) - If you're a U.S., Canadian or Australian citizen, you are now required to pre-pay your Argentina Entry Fee prior to departure for Buenos Aires. The Entry Fee is valid for 10 years. Please visit the Argentina Entry Payment Site to pre-pay the fee and print your receipt as proof of payment required for entry into Argentina.
Because the government of Argentina will deny entry to passengers arriving without the payment receipt, you will not be allowed to board without the pre-paid receipt or passport sticker indicating that payment was made.
NOTE: Customers traveling to Argentina holding a passport from the United States, Canada or Australia are required to check in at the airport.
- Dallas/Fort Worth, TX (DFW)
- The Terminal Renewal and Improvement Program is underway. Visit the DFW Airport website for up-to-date information on facility and garage changes.
- There are highway and ramp closures around DFW Airport. Visit the Texas Department of Transportation Lane Closure page for information.
- Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL) - Baggage for confirmed flights may only be accepted up to four hours prior to confirmed departure.
- Mexico (all cities) - In compliance with Mexican law, U.S. dollars may not be used for payment at airport ticket counters or travel centers. Accepted forms of payment include Mexican pesos, valid credit cards and traveler's checks.
- Orlando, FL (MCO) - Baggage for confirmed flights may only be accepted up to four hours prior to confirmed departure.
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (GIG) - Due to airport renovation in preparation for the Olympics, American Airlines has moved to Terminal 2.
- San Diego, CA (SAN) - Enjoy a new departure experience at San Diego's Lindbergh Field. To learn more, visit the San Diego airport page. Also, due to ongoing construction at Terminal 2, please allow extra time to arrive, park, get to the terminal and check in.
- San Francisco, CA (SFO) - Please allow extra time for rental car returns due to their remote location.
- San Jose, CA (SJC) - Please allow extra time prior to your flight departure due to a water main break at the airport.
- Santa Ana/Orange County/John Wayne, CA (SNA) - Parking is limited at the airport. Please arrive early in order to find a parking space.
- Santa Barbara, CA (SBA) - Due to construction of the new terminal, unforeseen service interruptions may occur.
- Tucson, AZ (TUS) - For departures prior to 8:00 a.m. please arrive at least 90 minutes early due to long security lines.
- Venezuela (CCS, MAR) - The Secretary of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security is unable to determine whether Venezuelan airports that serve as the last point of departure for non-stop flights to the United States, maintain and carry out effective aviation security measures in accordance with the standards and appropriate recommended practices established by the International Civil Aviation Organization /ICAO/.
- Washington D.C. Dulles (IAD) - Please arrive at least one hour early due to mid-field terminal departures.
Important Travel Information
From November 23, 2013 -January 8, 2014, there are limitations on boxes and baggage when traveling to certain Mexican, Caribbean, Central and South American destinations. Learn more about Checked Bag Limitations.
Check your ticket before you travel on a connecting flight, as you may be connecting on a flight operated by one of our oneworld® or codeshare partners. To find out, look for the words "operated by…" on your ticket.
Learn more about codeshare flights.
Strollers that are large, non-collapsible or over 20 lbs. must be checked at the ticket counter. Learn more about traveling with infants or children.
Customers with pets traveling as checked baggage are required to present a valid health certificate. Learn more about traveling with pets.
As a result of the Transportation Security Administration mandate, all passengers are required to have Secure Flight Passenger Data in their reservation at least 72 hours prior to departure in order to travel. Learn more about Secure Flight Passenger Data.