- To redeem miles, AAdvantage® elite status members must have a valid credit card with a billing address in the United States
- Only valid on flights operated by American Airlines or American Eagle carrier
- There are no blackout dates
- Valid for travel in economy class of service only, within the United States mainland
- No changes are allowed once you ticket your Dynamic Air AwardSM award
- Dynamic Air awards may be cancelled. Upon cancellation of your Dynamic Air award, mileage may be reinstated for a $150 fee (AAdvantage Executive Platinum members continue to be exempt from the reinstatement fee when the miles have come from their account)
- Mileage award levels are guaranteed upon booking. Dynamic Air awards may not be placed on hold. Miles redeemed for a Dynamic Air award will be automatically deducted at the time of redemption
- Dynamic Air awards are not eligible for mileage accrual and will not count toward elite status qualification
- If you fail to notify AAdvantage Reservations prior to departure that you will be unable to travel on your itinerary, you will forgo the full value of your ticket and the AAdvantage miles cannot be reinstated
- Dynamic Air awards are available only to AAdvantage elite status members with a valid credit card billing address in the United States
- AAdvantage elite status members include AAdvantage Executive Platinum, AAdvantage Platinum and AAdvantage Gold status members
- Only valid on flights operated by American Airlines or Envoy Air Inc. carrier
- Valid for travel in Economy Class only
- Only valid for travel within the United States mainland
- Dynamic Air awards are not eligible for mileage accrual
- Dynamic Air awards do not count toward elite status qualification
- Dynamic Air awards are not eligible for upgrades
- Dynamic Air awards must be booked online through the website at aa.com/DynamicAirAwards
- No blackout dates means that Dynamic Air awards can be used for any eligible flight available at aa.com/DynamicAirAwards any day of the year as long as there is coach inventory to sell
- Dynamic Air awards are non-changeable
- Non-changeable means Dynamic Air awards may not be changed/modified once ticketed
- Dynamic Air awards may be cancelled and miles reinstated for a fee (see Taxes/Fees for details)
- To cancel your reservation, call the number on the back of your AAdvantage membership card, or call AAdvantage Reservations at 1-800-882-8880
- Upon payment of the reinstatement fee, miles will be re-deposited into your account within 30 days
- Applicable taxes and fees must be paid with a valid credit card at time of ticketing. The credit card must have a billing address in the United States.
- Upon cancellation of a Dynamic Air award, mileage may be reinstated to your account for a $150 fee (AAdvantage Executive Platinum members continue to be exempt from the reinstatement fee)
- All mileage reinstatement fees will be charged to the original credit card. In the event your original credit card is declined, you will be contacted for a new form of payment
- Upon payment of the reinstatement fee, miles will be re-deposited into your account within 30 days
Conditions of Carriage
- These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply
- American Airlines, at any time and at its sole discretion, may adopt, modify or remove terms and conditions, including but not limited to pricing and eligibility, regarding the Dynamic Air awards program at any time. American Airlines has the sole right to interpret and apply the terms and conditions of the AAdvantage Dynamic Awards program as determined by American Airlines
- AAdvantage miles redeemed under the Dynamic awards program are subject to the rules of the AAdvantage program. American Airlines and AAdvantage are registered services marks
AAdvantage miles referred to are not actual miles, but represent credits in the AAdvantage program. No cash value equivalent.
AAdvantage® Program Terms and Conditions
American Airlines reserves the right to change the AAdvantage program and its terms and conditions at any time without notice, and to end the AAdvantage program with six months' notice. Any such changes may affect your ability to use the awards or mileage credits that you have accumulated. Unless specified, AAdvantage miles earned through this promotion/offer do not count towards elite status qualification. American Airlines is not responsible for products or services offered by other participating companies. For complete details about the AAdvantage program, visit aa.com/AAdvantage.
AmericanAirlines, American Eagle, AAdvantage, AAdvantage Gold, AAdvantage Platinum, AAdvantage Executive Platinum, AAdvantage with Scissor Eagle design, AA with Scissor Eagle design, Scissor Eagle design, MilesAAver, AAnytime, Dynamic Air and aa.com are marks of American Airlines, Inc.
American Eagle service is operated by Envoy Air Inc., SkyWest Airlines, Inc., ExpressJet Airlines, Inc., or Republic Airline Inc.
How is a Dynamic AirSM award different from existing AAdvantage flight awards?
- Dynamic Air awards are an enhancement to our existing flight award offerings, providing AAdvantage elite status members with a range of flight redemption options below the AAnytime award level. The amount of miles required for a Dynamic Air award is based on published fares, so award levels will vary as fares vary. MileSAAver and AAnytime awards are still available at aa.com.
What destinations can I travel to if I book a Dynamic Air award?
- Currently, we offer travel within the United States mainland.
Can I fly on other oneworld carriers if I book a Dynamic Air award?
- We currently offer travel only on U.S. mainland American Airlines or American Eagle flights.
What class of service can I travel in if I book a Dynamic Air award?
- Dynamic Air awards are currently offered for Economy Class only.
Will I earn AAdvantage miles on my itinerary?
- Since AAdvantage miles were redeemed to purchase your itinerary, you will not earn AAdvantage miles or elite qualifying miles when traveling on a Dynamic Air award.
Can I request an upgrade if I have booked a Dynamic Air award?
- Dynamic Air awards are not upgradeable.
Who is eligible to redeem?
- This product is currently being offered exclusively to our AAdvantage Gold, AAdvantage Platinum and AAdvantage Executive Platinum elite status members.
Can I use my AAdvantage miles to book travel for my family and friends?
- Yes, when required to enter information on the Traveler Information portion of the redemption booking process, simply enter the name of the family member or friend who will be traveling on the award ticket.
What kind of charges could be associated with a Dynamic Air award booking?
- A security service fee will be collected on Dynamic Air award tickets. The $2.50 USD security service fee applies per boarding, with a maximum of two boardings ($5.00 USD) per one-way trip or four boardings ($10.00 USD) per round-trip. These charges must be paid with a credit card at time of booking.
Will I receive a confirmation email once I book a Dynamic Air award?
- Yes, you will receive a confirmation email that contains your reservation details, followed by an email with your e-ticket.
How quickly will my AAdvantage miles be deducted from my account if I redeem them for a Dynamic Air award?
- Miles are deducted immediately from your AAdvantage account once you select "Purchase" on the Payment Details page. Please allow up to 24 hours for the transaction to show in your mileage summary.
Are there blackout dates?
- No, there are no blackout dates for Dynamic Air awards. If there is an Economy Class seat available, it will display in the search results.
Can I cancel my Dynamic Air award booking?
- Yes, you may cancel your Dynamic Air award booking. Dynamic Air awards are non-changeable, however, upon cancellation you will have the option to re-deposit the AAdvantage miles into your account for a $150 charge. AAdvantage Executive Platinum members will continue to be exempt from the reinstatement fee.
Can I modify or change my Dynamic Air award reservation?
- Dynamic Air awards are non-changeable. You may call AAdvantage Reservations with the option to cancel your reservation and re-deposit the AAdvantage miles into your account for a $150 charge. AAdvantage Executive Platinum members will continue to be exempt from the reinstatement fee.
Can I call AAdvantage Reservations to redeem my AAdvantage miles for a Dynamic Air award?
- AAdvantage members may redeem AAdvantage miles for Dynamic Air awards online only through aa.com/DynamicAirAwards.
What if my credit card billing address is outside the U.S.?
- At this time, we only accept credit cards with billing addresses within the U.S.
Can I use multiple AAdvantage accounts to purchase a Dynamic Air award with AAdvantage miles?
- All AAdvantage miles used for payment must be deducted from a single AAdvantage account.
Is there a maximum mileage amount I could pay for a Dynamic Air award?
- Yes, the maximum number of AAdvantage miles required will be equal to, or less than, the equivalent Domestic AAnytime Award. For information regarding AAnytime award mileage requirements, view the award chart.
What is the minimum number of miles required for a Dynamic Air award?
- AAdvantage elite status members can book a Dynamic Air award for as few as 10,000 miles one-way or 20,000 miles round-trip.
Can I book a MileSAAver or AAnytime award on the Dynamic Air award website?
- No, to book a MileSAAver or AAnytime award please go to aa.com or call the AAdvantage Reservations number on the back of your AAdvantage membership card.
How will I know if a MileSAAver Award is available for my trip?
- We recommend you check for MileSAAver availability on aa.com before booking a Dynamic Air award.
Can I hold my Dynamic Air award reservation?
- Dynamic Air award reservations must be completed at the time of booking. We currently do not offer the ability to hold Dynamic Air award reservations.
Should I book an AAnytime award or a Dynamic Air award for the maximum mileage amount?
- It depends. Dynamic Air award maximum mileage requirements are oftentimes lower than the equivalent AAnytime Award. However, AAnytime awards offer more flexibility than Dynamic Air awards since they are both changeable and refundable. We recommend you weigh the benefits of each and choose what is best for you.
How are the mileage amounts for Dynamic Air awards calculated?
- The amount of AAdvantage miles required for Dynamic Air awards is based on the underlying selling fare for the itinerary. Therefore, the number of AAdvantage miles required to redeem a Dynamic Air award will vary as fares vary.
Are there any fares I can't purchase using a Dynamic Air award?
- Special fares such as Senior, Infant, Child, Military, Government and Auto-Upgrade fares are not eligible for Dynamic Air award redemption. Other travel not eligible for Dynamic Air award redemption includes, but is not limited to, charter flights, group travel, vacation packages and travel purchased through a travel agent.
Can I pay with a combination of miles and cash for a Dynamic Air award reservation?
- Currently we do not offer the ability to use a combination of cash and miles as payment for Dynamic Air awards. Dynamic Air awards must be purchased entirely with miles. Applicable taxes and fees must be paid with a qualifying credit card.
Are there any inventory restrictions to redeem for Dynamic Air awards?
- No, AAdvantage miles may be redeemed for any available published fare in Economy Class. If a seat is available for sale in Economy class, it can be purchased with AAdvantage miles.
If I make a Dynamic Air award reservation and have to cancel my flight, how long will it take to get the miles reinstated to my AAdvantage account?
- If you have to cancel your Dynamic award reservation and you choose to reinstate your miles for a fee, your miles will be reinstated to your account within 30 days.
Will my taxes/fees get credited back to me if I have to cancel my Dynamic Air award reservation?
- If you choose to reinstate your miles, any applicable taxes and fees will be returned to the original credit card within two billing cycles.
How will I know if miles have been deducted from my AAdvantage account?
- When miles are redeemed from your AAdvantage account, an email notification will be sent to the primary email address stored in your account profile. You can also check your account online at aa.com.
How do I check-in for my Dynamic Air award reservation?
- You will receive an email confirming your Dynamic Air award reservation. You can check in for your Dynamic award reservation online at aa.com 24 hours prior to travel, or you may check in at the airport using a Self-Service Check-In machine or airport ticket agent.
How far in advance can I make a Dynamic Air award reservation?
- Just as with any air travel on American Airlines or American Eagle, a Dynamic Air award reservation may be made up to 11 months in advance.
Who do I call with questions related to my Dynamic Air award reservation?
- Please call the number on the back of your AAdvantage membership card or AAdvantage Reservations at 1-800-882-8880.
How many days in advance do I need to make my Dynamic Air award reservation?
- Dynamic Air award reservations must be made at least 24 hours prior to travel.
Can I book a one-way Dynamic Air award?
- Yes, upon reaching the Dynamic Air award homepage, enter your search criteria and select 'One Way' as a search option.
Can I book a multi-city itinerary with a Dynamic Air award?
- We currently do not offer multi-city itineraries, including stopovers and open-jaws, with the Dynamic Air award.
I only want to see nonstop flights in my search results, can I so that?
- Yes, along the left margin of the search results screen we offer the ability to filter by number of stops.
Can I sort the search results by departure time?
- Yes, upon reaching the search results screen, you have the ability to sort the results by departure time. By default, our results are sorted by price, with the lowest mileage requirement showing first.
Is there a maximum trip duration when traveling on a round-trip Dynamic Air award?
- Yes, if you are traveling on a round-trip Dynamic Air award your return travel must commence within 30 days of your outbound flight.