Feel More Rested on Arrival
Improving Your Flight Experience
Lie all the way back in First and Business Class
To enhance your travel experience, we are redesigning our international widebody fleet and are among the first in the industry to offer you the combination of fully lie-flat seats with all-aisle access, international Wi-Fi, and top of the line in-seat entertainment. And with the introduction of the A321T in 2014, we plan to be the only airline to offer a three-class cabin configuration — complete with fully lie-flat First and Business Class seats — when you fly coast to coast.
Beginning March 30, 2014, if you're traveling in First or Business Class between New York and London, you can experience the unparalleled comfort of fully lie-flat seats on every American or British Airways flight, ensuring a state-of-the-art travel experience on our modernized fleets. With our joint business partner British Airways, we will offer nearly three times more fully lie-flat seats between New York and London than any other airline partnership.
Plus, with 17 daily nonstop flights between New York and London, and more flights between the two cities than any other airline or alliance, American and British Airways offer seamless flight options and convenient schedules, making it easier than ever to travel to Europe and beyond. Together, we offer the only direct service between New York Kennedy (JFK) and London City Airport (LCY) twice daily.
Experience a new level of comfort
Earlier this year, we introduced new fully lie-flat seats in First and Business Class beginning with the new Boeing 777-300ER and across our international dual-aisle aircraft, and we are continuing this momentum in 2014 with the addition of the A321T. These new seats offer added comfort and convenience like aisle access from every seat. Business Class travelers will also enjoy several other features we're adding to our international dual-aisle planes, including:
- Seats with individual tray tables featuring a larger work surface
- Universal AC power outlets and USB jacks at every seat
- In-seat entertainment on a 15.4-inch HD-capable touchscreen monitor with access to*
- More than 700 hours of on-demand audio and video entertainment
- Up to 120 movies, 180 TV shows, 350 audio selections and 30 games
- A premium handset to serve as a remote
- Cutting-edge entertainment with the Samsung Galaxy TabTM 10.1**
- A walk-up bar stocked with snacks and refreshments*
- International Wi-Fi*
Work, rest or relax in the Main Cabin
Our efforts to modernize your Main Cabin experience in our international dual-aisle planes will include offering inflight Wi-Fi in all cabins,* as well as:
- In-seat entertainment on an approximately 9-inch HD-capable touchscreen with up to 120 movies, 180 TV shows, 350 audio selections and 30 games*
- Main Cabin seats, all with universal AC power outlets and USB jacks*
- Main Cabin Extra seats offering four to six inches more legroom
- New seats offering you more knee room and improved overall comfort*
Something big is in the air
We are evolving to bring you a modern airline experience. Our efforts are already underway as we bring you efficient new planes and refresh others to give you bigger storage bins, newer seats and more power. You'll also get to:
Learn more about how you can Fly Better on American Airlines.
*Available on the 777-200ERs and 777-300ERs
**Available on the 767-300s