More Seating Options
We have enhanced our seat choice offering to provide a more comfortable travel experience for you. Seats can be purchased or reserved at the time of booking on aa.com, mobile.aa.com, airport self-service machines, American Airlines Reservations or through select travel agencies.
Main Cabin Extra
- Main Cabin Extra seats provide more room between rows, creating additional legroom and more comfort
- Group 1 boarding privileges are also included with Main Cabin Extra seats
- AAdvantage® elite status members and oneworld® equivalents* have complimentary access to these seats and will continue to receive Priority Access boarding as part of your benefits
- Main Cabin Extra seats are available on select flights, with the majority of our planes targeted for completion throughout 2013
- Preferred Seats are standard legroom seats more favorably located within the Main Cabin. They are available for purchase when you book your flight, or up until the airport check-in cutoff time
- AAdvantage elite status members as well as their oneworld equivalents and full-fare customers have complimentary access to Preferred Seats*
Reserve Your Seat
- Take comfort in knowing you have an assigned seat prior to your flight by selecting an available seat when you book your itinerary or up until airport check-in cut-off time
- If you decide not to reserve a seat or there is not one available when booking your itinerary, we will automatically assign you a seat at no charge at check-in
We're focused on improving your travel experience by providing more legroom, expedited boarding and the assurance of a reserved seat on your flight.
Want more information about our seating options? Check out our frequently asked questions for details.
Terms and Conditions
*AAdvantage Executive Platinum, AAdvantage Platinum and active U.S. Military customers, as well as AAirpass® and oneworld elite customers and Alaska Airlines MVP® , MVP® Gold and MVP Gold® 75K customers and up to 8 traveling companions on the same reservation. AAdvantage Gold customers will have complimentary access through December 2013.