Airports in cities from Albuquerque to Atlanta, Boston to Little Rock and Los Angeles to Nashville will “go pink” as part of the airlines’ second annual Passionately Pink for the Cure® fundraising campaign.
The two-week “Pink-out” will take place in 18 cities, where American and American Eagle employees will don pink attire, including special pink-ribbon scarves and ties for many uniformed employees; decorate ticket counters, jetways, baggage claims and aircraft in pink; and invite customers to support the cause by wearing pink while traveling that day. Additionally, employees will offer pink treats and raise funds through friendly competitions to support a goal to raise $1 million for breast cancer research this year.
Participating “Pink-out” cities include:
- Friday, Oct. 1 – Atlanta; Lubbock, Texas
- Monday, Oct. 4 – Washington, D.C., airports (Reagan National, Dulles, Baltimore)
- Tuesday, Oct. 5 – Albuquerque, N.M.
- Wednesday, Oct. 6 – Los Angeles
- Thursday, Oct. 7 – San Diego
- Friday, Oct. 8 – Boston; Louisville, Ky.
- Monday, Oct. 11 – New York area airports (La Guardia, Newark, JFK)
- Tuesday, Oct. 12 – Birmingham, Ala.; Abilene, Texas
- Wednesday, Oct. 13 – Chicago (O’Hare)
- Thursday, Oct. 14 – Nashville, Tenn.; San Francisco
- Friday, Oct. 15 – Dallas/Fort Worth; Little Rock, Ark.; Miami