AAdvantage Award Travel Reservations
We recommend making award travel reservations as soon as you know your travel dates. For award reservations, upgrade award travel, or for travel on one of our partner airlines, please contact American Airlines Reservations Center.
When making your reservation, please remember:
- All accommodations are subject to availability at the time reservations are made
- Award seats may not be available on all flights or to all destinations
- In some cases, additional restrictions and travel embargo dates will apply
- You can have an award issued to someone other than yourself. Once award tickets have been issued, they cannot be transferred to someone else
- All tickets are valid for one year from the date of issue, unless otherwise stated, but may be subject to charges if changed. All travel must be completed one year from the date of issue
- Award tickets are subject to applicable taxes and security fees
- In order to avoid additional charges, please ticket your reservation at least 21 days in advance
AAdvantage Ticketing Service Charge
|Ticketing Service Charge
(Waived for AAdvantage Executive Platinum® members)
|Ticketing Service Charge applies when ticketing via Reservations
AAdvantage Award Processing Charges
Award ticketing is not available within two hours of departure. If the
passenger qualifies for an electronic ticket, the itinerary and receipt can be
delivered by fax or email.
|Ticketing less than 21 days prior to departure
(Waived for AAdvantage Executive Platinum®, AAdvantage Platinum® and AAdvantage Gold® members using miles from their account)
|Travel ticketed 20 days - 2 hours prior to departure
^Electronic tickets will be delivered via email or fax. Paper ticket delivery
will be by U.S. mail (or by overnight delivery when applicable) to the AAdvantage
member's address only. American Airlines is not responsible for overnight service
delays. Certain locations must allow additional days on overnight services. Delivery
to a P.O. Box cannot be done using overnight delivery service.
*As of 8/25/11, $75 will be charged per ticket regardless of the number of awards claimed from the same account.