MileSAAver Awards: As low as 12,500 miles each way. If your plans are flexible, MileSAAver Award is right for you.
AAnytime Awards: No blackout dates, you can use your miles for any seat on any American Airlines flight, for as low as 20,000 miles each way.
Use the award chart to estimate the number of miles you may need for a one-way award on American for travel starting June 1, 2014. Award levels vary by date and will be confirmed during booking. Select dates require higher mileage. You can use your miles to book a one-way trip or combine awards for a round-trip or multi-city travel. For travel before June 1, 2014, these award mileage levels will apply.
Go to book awards and choose your flights.
*AAnytime Level 3 awards are offered on a few select dates and will require higher number of miles to redeem.
- Central America: Belize, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua and Panama
- North America: U.S. 48, Alaska, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean (including Bermuda and the Bahamas) and Hawaii
- The Caribbean: Includes Bermuda and The Bahamas
MileSAAver Level 1 (Off-Peak) award varies by date.
- Hawaii: January 12 - March 13, August 22 - December 15
- The Caribbean and Mexico: September 7 - November 14
- Central America, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and Venezuela: January 16 - June 14, September 7 - November 14
- Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Paraguay and Uruguay: March 1 - May 31, August 16 - November 30
- Europe: October 15 - May 15; Japan and South Korea: October 1 - April 30
Terms & Conditions
For flights offering only two classes of service the Economy and Business / First Class awards apply. For flights offering three classes of service Economy, Business / First and First Class awards apply
Taxes & Fees
Each award is subject to taxes and carrier-imposed fees starting from $2.50 per person, per award. These taxes and fees vary by itinerary and are based on trip origin and destination. The exact amount of taxes and fees that will apply to your trip will appear when you book your trip