Caribbean Local Purchase Conditions
Important: When the country of issuance of the credit card being used to purchase the ticket is other than the country of the international version of AA.com you are visiting to book your reservation, the final price may be recalculated using the fare and currency of the credit card billing address country (the country where the credit card was issued). For further details about this process, please visit our FAQs.
- We only accept US/PR/USVI bank debit cards.
- The holder of the credit card used for purchasing the ticket(s) must show the credit card upon check-in and sign the purchase voucher.
- In the event that the cardholder is not traveling and he/she has purchased a ticket for another person, the cardholder must go to the airport on the date of travel or to an American Airlines ticket office prior to the origin date of travel to sign the purchase voucher.
- Tickets purchased with credit card with Jamaican billing address are subject to the Stamp Tax, charged as follows:
- Tax JMD $300 - for fares from JMD $1 to $2999.
- Tax JMD $400 - for fares from JMD $3000 TO $9999.
- Tax JMD $600 - for fares from JMD $10000 or more.
- Haiti: Tickets purchased with a Credit Card issued in Haiti will be billed in Haitian Gourde (HTG), instead of the AA.com quoted currency US Dollars (USD).
*The Stamp tax amount will be charged in USD according to rate of exchange and fare value
View purchase conditions in other countries