JAL FAMILY SERVICE
JAL provides unique services to assist your travel for your overseas transfer, return from an overseas office, and travels to see a family member working overseas.
Services offered at the departure
Our airport staff assists you from check in to boarding at your departure airport for JAL international flight.
- The exclusive Family Service counters and lounges are available at Narita Airport Terminal 2 and Kansai International Airport. (As the exclusive lounges are located in the departure lobbies, those who see off the passenger(s) can also use them.)
In flight service
Your cabin attendants will take care of you to make your travel more comfortable. Baby beds, paper diapers, a JAL original "JAL BABY CRUISE", which includes baby food for an infant under two years, a spoon and an apron, and food for children over two years are available.
- * Advance reservations for certain items are required. For further details, please click here for "International flight services for infants and children".
Services offered at the arrival/transfer airport
At the airport of arrival and transfer from a JAL flight to another JAL flight, we guide you to immigration, etc. At the airport of transfer to another airline's flight, we guide you to the check-in counter of the airline.
- * We appreciate your kind understanding that Japanese language sometimes may not be available.
Passengers who fly JAL flights with normal fares, JAL Business saver, JAL Economy saver flex fare, JAL Economy saver premium fare, or by JMB award on first and business class, and travel exclusively for the purpose of overseas business transfer, return from an overseas office, or a travel to see a family member working overseas. Please note that the following provisions are applied:
- Spouse alone
- Spouse with a child under 16
- A child who is 12 or older and under 16
- A family member who is 60 or older
- Children under 16 and adults, provided that the number of children exceeds the number of adults
- * In principle, this service is available to passengers on Japan outbound or inbound flights.
Passengers using a code-share flight
This service is not available for passengers using code-share flights operated by our partner airlines, excluding code-share flights operated by Finnair between Narita, Chubu and Kansai Airports and Helsinki. We would appreciate your understanding.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SERVICE
Please call the JAL International Reservation by two days prior to departure. Following information will be required.
- Purpose of the travel (overseas transfer, travel to see a family member, etc.)
- The name of the family member you will visit, your relationship, and the name of his company
- Telephone numbers of his overseas house and office
- The number, name(s), and age(s) of the child/children you are taking with
- We will provide you with "Family Service Sticker". Please receive them at a nearby JAL counter or your travel agency in advance, or at the check-in counter on the day of departure.
For Peak season
Please call the JAL International Reservation 7 days prior to departure.