Click OK to log in and restart your reservation.
Click Cancel to continue with your reservation without logging in.
The following terms are effective on March 1, 2024 and thereafter until modified.
You are responsible for reading the AAdvantage® Program Agreement, additional member information, AAdvantage® newsletters, and account details available in your online AAdvantage® account in order to understand your rights, responsibilities, and AAdvantage® Rewards and Benefits under the AAdvantage® program.
AAdvantage® Rewards and Benefits and their use with American Airlines products and services are only for your personal benefit and use through your personal AAdvantage® account and they cannot be sold, advertised for sale or bartered or accessed or used by anyone else except as expressly permitted in the AAdvantage® Program Agreement. Violation of these terms and conditions can lead to loss of AAdvantage® Rewards and Benefits and termination of your account.
American Airlines offers the AAdvantage® program at its discretion and has the right to terminate the AAdvantage® program, in whole or in part, or to change or amend the AAdvantage® Program Agreement, in whole or in part, at any time, even if the changes affect the value of AAdvantage® Rewards and Benefits already accumulated. The AAdvantage® Program Agreement is subject to change at any time without notice. Please check back frequently for AAdvantage® program updates or rule changes.
All rules are subject to interpretation by designee(s) of American Airlines.
American Airlines® and AAdvantage® are trademarks of American Airlines, Inc.
Copyright 2024 American Airlines, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
The following terms apply to the ways in which you can earn AAdvantage® miles and Loyalty Points for eligible, purchased tickets issued on or after March 1, 2024 for American Airlines, including its regional airlines, and eligible partner airlines under the AAdvantage® program.
American reserves the right to modify or enhance how AAdvantage® miles and Loyalty Points are earned or awarded, which right may be exercised at any time and in American’s sole discretion.
(1) All accrued AAdvantage® miles may also earn Loyalty Points, as determined by American Airlines in its sole discretion.
(2) Certain ancillary products, such as upgrades that are purchased with cash, may also earn AAdvantage® miles and Loyalty Points as determined by American Airlines in its sole discretion.
(3) To ensure you receive credit for your AAdvantage® transactions, please provide your AAdvantage® number when you make your travel reservations or use the services of our participants. Retain all flight documents until the mileage credit appears on your mileage summary. For transactions with other participants, retain your original paid invoice. Mileage will be credited only to the account of the AAdvantage® member who flies, rents a car, stays at a hotel, or earns mileage utilizing other participating companies. No mileage credit will be awarded for canceled flights or through being accommodated on another airline. To receive AAdvantage® Rewards and Benefits, including earning mileage credit, the name and date of birth on your AAdvantage® account must match the name and date of birth in your flight reservation.
(4) American Airlines is the final authority on qualification for mileage credit and Loyalty Points and reserves the right to deny or revoke mileage credit or Loyalty Points at any time if American Airlines determines that mileage credit or Loyalty Points were improperly given.
(1) Eligible members may earn AAdvantage® mileage credit and Loyalty Points on eligible, purchased tickets based on the following two approaches, as applied in each instance as determined by American Airlines in its sole discretion:
(2) For any flights that earn mileage credit based on a percentage of distance flown, the distance is determined on the basis of nonstop distances between the airports where your flight originates and terminates. On connecting flights with different flight numbers, the distance of each segment will be used. On single-plane, through, or change of gauge flights, the nonstop origin-destination distance will be used and credit for a single qualifying segment will be given.
(3) You may not be able to earn mileage and Loyalty Points on all flights. Unless otherwise expressly stated by American Airlines, you may accrue mileage and Loyalty Points only for purchased, eligible tickets on qualifying routes that are used in accordance with all applicable conditions of carriage, tariffs, rules and terms of ticketing (including compliance with rules prohibiting hidden city, back to back and throwaway ticketing) and travel. AAdvantage® mileage accrual eligibility on airline participant routes is subject to change without notice. Flights to/from Cuba are only eligible for mileage accrual and Loyalty Points on American operated flights.
(4) You cannot accrue partner airline miles with your partner frequent flyer number if you have already used your AAdvantage® number to obtain any AAdvantage® Rewards and Benefits such as First or Business Class upgrades, baggage fee waivers, priority boarding, access to Preferred seats or complimentary access to Preferred / Main Cabin Extra seats.
(5) American Airlines assumes no responsibility for how partners record mileage-earning transactions. Members must check with the partners to confirm how such partners record mileage-earning transactions. Please note that some partners’ products or services are not available in all states or countries. Additional terms may apply. In the event there is a conflict or inconsistency between the partners’ terms and conditions and the AAdvantage® Program Agreement, the AAdvantage® Program Agreement will control.
(6) Mileage and Loyalty Points can only be accumulated one time per eligible flight, regardless of the number of seats purchased on each such flight.
(7) After your flight departs, you will not be able to change your selection of a frequent traveler program with respect to that flight.
(8) Unless otherwise stated, mileage credit and Loyalty Points cannot be earned for the same flight, hotel stay, or car rental in more than one of the following programs: the AAdvantage® program or any other loyalty program in which American Airlines participates.
(9) For eligible, purchased tickets on American Airlines and other eligible AAdvantage® airline participants, you will receive AAdvantage® mileage credit and Loyalty Points only for the class of service on which your fare is based when you are ticketed.
There are many ways you can redeem your AAdvantage® miles, including for travel awards such as flight awards and upgrades.
1. American Airlines assumes no responsibility for and is not liable for any unauthorized access by third parties to a member’s account or account information, including any unauthorized award transaction made from the account, except as provided under applicable laws. American Airlines assumes no obligation or duty to re-credit any unauthorized mileage withdrawal made by third parties; however, American Airlines reserves the right to review, in its sole discretion, requests for re-crediting unauthorized mileage withdrawals provided such request is made to American Airlines within three months of the unauthorized withdrawal.
1. You agree that you will notify American Airlines of any dispute by submitting your concerns to American Airlines, including a description of the nature of the dispute. Following delivery of such submission, you agree to allow American Airlines a period of sixty (60) days to provide a substantive response and to try to resolve the dispute, prior to filing any lawsuit or any other proceeding against American Airlines related to the dispute. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THESE NOTIFICATION PROCEDURES WILL ENTITLE AMERICAN AIRLINES TO RECOVER FROM YOU REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES INCURRED IN DEFENDING THE LAWSUIT OR ANY OTHER PROCEEDING.