The US Military Waiver Policy is intended to assist our customers in the United States armed forces, with changes or refunds to restricted tickets.
This applies to military personnel who are activated for duty, receive deployment orders, or have been requested to fulfill other military obligations such as reporting back to their base to assume job responsibilities of those deployed or changes to their leave orders.
All military waiver requests must be handled by American Airlines AA RES directly.
- Waiver or refund requests from Military personnel must be a result of being activated for duty. This could include those that are requested to return to base to perform duties of those already deployed.
- Military personnel must be able to provide the name and phone number of their Commanding Officer. If the customer does not have the phone number of their Commanding Officer, it will be okay to accept the telephone contact that is listed on their military leave papers.
- Military duty must fall within their ticketed dates of travel.
- Military waivers or refunds can only be authorized and processed by American Airlines.
Refunds – Travel agencies are never allowed to process a refund of a non-refundable ticket for Military waivers via their ARC/BSP
- A full refund may be made in the form of a travel voucher or to the original form of payment and will not be assessed a Ticket Change Charge for military personnel.
- For immediate family and persons traveling with the military passenger, a full refund may be made in the form of a travel voucher and will not be assessed a Ticket Change Charge.
Note: You may submit a Military Waiver Exception directly online, but you must fax appropriate documents.