AA To Operate World’s Only Service Between
New York And Japan’s Tokyo International Airport At Haneda
American Airlines today announced it will be the first U.S. airline to launch service between the continental United States and Tokyo’s International Airport at Haneda (Haneda) since the United States and Japan signed a historic Open Skies Agreement in October 2010. American is the world’s only airline to fly between New York and Tokyo’s Haneda in more than 30 years. American will begin its historic service on Friday, Feb. 18, from New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport, and on Feb. 20, from Haneda.
- Haneda is the most convenient airport serving Tokyo for customers travelling to or from the city center - located only 30 minutes from downtown Tokyo.
- With almost 70 million annual passengers, Haneda is one of the busiest airports in Asia, and the fourth busiest airport in the world.
- Once the route begins, the oneworld® alliance will have more flights between the U.S. and Haneda than any other alliance.
- Haneda is Japan’s main hub for domestic flights, providing the widest range of options for connections to and from cities throughout the country.
American Airlines Facts:
* Source: 2010 MIDT Data
- With the New York – Haneda service, American will be the only airline to serve both Narita and Haneda Airports from New York.
- In addition to its new service to Haneda, American will continue to provide service to Tokyo’s Narita Airport from New York-JFK, Chicago, Los Angeles and Dallas/Fort Worth.
- American Airlines cornerstone markets are also some of the most traveled U.S. – Japan markets. Passengers traveling to or from AA cornerstone markets to Japan represent approximately 43% of the Continental U.S. – Tokyo traffic.*
- American Airlines codeshares on Japan Airlines service between Tokyo’s Narita Airport and New York, Chicago, Los Angeles and Honolulu as well as from San Francisco and Honolulu to Haneda – providing customers with even more travel choices to Japan and Asia.
- The new AA flight will use a Boeing 777 with 247 seats, 16 in First Class, 37 in Business Class, and 194 in Economy Class.
For information on special offers and about our routes to Asia, visit AA.com/moreasia