Group & Meeting Travel terms & conditions
- Electronic ticketing is required.
- Tickets may be purchased through the agency of record, or by calling the local American Airlines reservations number. In the U.S., call Meeting Services at 800-433-1790.
- Under the Secure Flight program, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) requires American Airlines to collect Secure Flight Passenger Data (SFPD). This includes a passenger's full name (as it appears on their government-issued ID they plan to travel with), date of birth, gender and TSA-issued Redress Number (if applicable). AAdvantage® members are strongly encouraged to save their SFPD to their account profile by going to aa.com/youraccount. For more information about the Secure Flight program, visit aa.com/secureflight or www.tsa.gov/secureflight. Ticketing Agency is responsible for adding all Secure Flight Passenger Data
- AAdvantage® members may accrue mileage on Group & Meeting Travel contracts.
- AAdvantage® upgrades are allowed after ticketing, subject to the rules of the AAdvantage® program.
- 0.00 dollar (no value) ticketing is allowed against both zone and guaranteed fares only where travel is to/from Mexico, the Caribbean (including SJU, STT and STX), Latin America, Europe, India, China, Israel and the Pacific. Travel is allowed on American Airlines, American Eagle and
oneworld® alliance partners only. Issue the ticket with the passenger coupon reflecting no value ($0.00) and the auditor portion showing the contracted base fare with all applicable taxes, and surcharges. Fare calc line must appear on auditor coupon. No commission or mark-up is allowed. All ticket issuance and/or changes must be made by contracting agency.
- Please contact your Ticketing Help Desk for any ticketing instructions.
Agency reservation/Booking requirements
Reservations/Bookings created by any agency under the terms of this agreement must have the following statement, including your contract Authorization Number, in the General Facts field of the PNR: AA CONTRACT BOOKING AXXXXXX. Failure to provide this information will result in auto-cancellation of unticketed space. Example: "AA Contract Booking AXXXXXX"
Agency claim instructions
- Reservations created specifically for this agreement may be claimed once the PNR is created.
- Pre-reserve seats, names and electronic ticketing will be done by the Claiming agency.
- Do not remove or alter the corporate name field.
- Itinerary changes, other than simple schedule changes, must be done by American Airlines Group & Meeting Travel.
Contractor / Agency agrees
- Tickets issued against this agreement constitutes an understanding of the terms and conditions.
- To inform passengers that all taxes and charges are the responsibility of passenger, and will be collected at time of ticketing or departure.
- All checked, excess, oversized and / or overweight bag and equipment charges apply. Certain aircraft limitations may apply. Box / bag embargoes may apply.
- Contractor / Agency assumes full responsibility for disclosing and obtaining customer acceptance for any agency handling or processing charges added at time of ticketing.
- Copies of all promotional material prepared by Contractor or by Official Travel Agency must be approved in writing by American Airlines prior to use of the material.
- Contractor is responsible for advising group travelers of the available savings. Sample verbiage for advertising the meeting discount is available through Group & Meeting Travel.
- All added seats to Block Space agreements count toward utilization.
- A collection letter/debit memo will be used to collect any deposit penalties that exceed the deposit collected or waived.
- Either party may cancel this agreement with 30 days written notice. Notice of cancellation does not release contractor of applicable block-space utilization and/or penalty requirements.
- Contractor or official agency must keep the financial terms of this agreement confidential.
- American Airlines reserves the right to cancel this agreement immediately upon any breach of this agreement by the Contractor and the fares offered will no longer be available to members of the group covered herein.
- This agreement, together with any attachment(s) will be governed by the laws of the state of Texas, supersedes all prior oral or written representations, constituting the entire understanding of all parties. Any legal action arising in whole or in part out of this agreement shall be filed and adjudicated only in the state or federal courts located in Fort Worth, Texas.
- American Airlines reserves the right to change equipment or schedules and Contractor shall release and waive any claim against American Airlines regarding cancellation or schedule change. American Airlines shall attempt to reaccommodate passengers on another American Airlines flight. American Airlines will follow standard industry policies for reaccommodation after ticketing.
- American Airlines shall not be liable to perform under this agreement when such failure is caused by a cessation in American Airlines' service to the contracted destination city or by circumstances beyond its reasonable control including, but not limited to accidents, strikes, walkouts, or other labor disturbances, weather, acts of God, public enemies, war or acts of any government authority.
- Travel is valid on American Airlines and American Eagle service. Air transportation provided is subject to the transporting carriers contract of carriage rules and tariff in effect on date of travel. All terms of this contract apply to American Airlines and American Eagle service unless otherwise stated.
- Any disputes related to this agreement must be filed within 60 days from the last day of travel.