Click OK to log in and restart your reservation.
Click Cancel to continue with your reservation without logging in.
AMERICAN AIRLINES AND ALASKA AIRLINES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM PRIZE.
2. TO ENTER. Between 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) time on November 5, 2011, and 11:59 p.m. ET time on December 31, 2011, (“Promotional Period”) complete an official entry form online in the manner listed below. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. ET time on December 31, 2011. Limit one (1) entry per loyalty program member. Entrants who are registered members in good standing of either the American Airlines AAdvantage® program or the Alaska Airlines Mileage PlanTM program may enter once with each program account number for a total of two (2) entries. Complete an official entry form online at https://sweeps.aa.com/sweeps/sweeps.cfm?s=279335 or print your full name, complete address, telephone number and date of birth on a 3" x 5" piece of paper and mail it in a plain business size envelope to: American Airlines and Alaska Airlines Sweepstakes Promotions team, co/o American Airlines, Inc. 4333 Amon Carter Blvd., MD2729, Ft. Worth, Texas 76155. Once submitted, all entries become the exclusive property of American Airlines, Inc./Alaska Airlines, Inc. (“Sponsors”) and will not be acknowledged nor will they be returned. Limit one entry per person.
3. ELIGIBILITY. Sweepstakes open to individuals legally residing in the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and agents of Sponsor and each of their parents and affiliates, agencies, distributors, wholesalers and retailers, and members of such employees’ and agents’ immediate families and individuals living in the same household with such employees, are not eligible to enter or win Sweepstakes. Void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law.
4. PRIZE DETAILS.
AMERICAN AIRLINES AADVANTAGE® MILES
One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive 150,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® miles, which may be used for air transportation on American Airlines or its “Airline Associates” (American Eagle, Executive Airlines or the AmericanConnection® carrier), oneworld® carriers or select AAdvantage® participating airlines, car rentals, hotel stays and other awards available at AA.com/redeem, the (“Prize”). Approximate retail value (ARV): $2,985.
ALASKA AIRLINES® MILEAGE PLAN™ MILES
One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive 150,000 Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan™ miles, which may be used for air transportation on Alaska Airlines or its “Alaska Airline Associates” (Horizon Air®, Skywest West and Pen Air), or Mileage Plan™ partner airlines on terms and conditions available at Alaskaair.com. Approximate retail value (ARV): $4,215.
Total ARV of all Prizes: $7,200. Winners are responsible for the full cost of transportation to and from their departure and arrival city. Winners are responsible for any and all applicable fees, service charges, surcharges or passenger facility charges and all insurance costs, federal, state, local and foreign taxes, if any, gratuities, meals, incidentals and any other unspecified expenses associated with acceptance or use of the Prize. Some of these taxes, fees and other amounts may be due upon booking/ticketing AAdvantage® award travel or Mileage PlanTM award travel.
5. DRAWING AND AWARDING OF PRIZES. On or about January 2, 2012, a random drawing will be conducted from among all eligible entries received by Sponsors who will select the Winners in two random drawings. The Sponsors’ decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. The potential Winners will be notified by phone and/or certified mail. Each potential Winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (which affirms that he/she has complied with these rules) as well as a liability release, and where legal, a publicity release, each of which, if issued, must be completed, signed and returned within fourteen (14) days from date of issuance, or the Prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate Winner. If any Prize, Prize notification or attempted notification is returned as undeliverable, the Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate Winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of a Prize constitutes Winners’ consent to use of his/her name and/or photograph without further compensation for advertising, promotional and publicity purposes by Sponsors. By accepting Prize, Winners acknowledge compliance with these official rules. If a potential Winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, the foregoing documents must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian and such Prize will be delivered to minor’s parent/legal guardian and awarded in the name of minor’s parent/legal guardian.
Prizes are provided “as is” and without any warranty of any kind. Prizes are non-transferable. No cash redemption or Prize substitution allowed by Winners. Sponsors reserves the right to substitute Prize of equal or greater value if either advertised Prize becomes unavailable. Limit one Prize per household/family.
6. ODDS. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
7. AADVANTAGE® MILES TERMS. American Airlines AAdvantage® miles will be credited to the AAdvantage® account of each Winner, who must provide a valid AAdvantage® membership number in order to receive the mileage credit. American Airlines AAdvantage® miles awarded in this promotion will not count toward elite status qualification in the AAdvantage® program. Winners who are not AAdvantage® members may join at no cost online at www.aa.com and click on AAdvantage® or by calling the AAdvantage® membership desk at 1-800-882-8880. The credited miles may thereafter be redeemed in any manner consistent with the AAdvantage® program Terms and Conditions, which are subject to change at any time without notice and can be found at www.aa.com/aadvantage when you click on Program Details and then click on AAdvantage® Terms and Conditions. Determination of income tax liability on AAdvantage® travel awards is the responsibility of the Winner. American Airlines may, among other things, (i) withdraw, limit, modify, or cancel any award; (ii) change program benefits, mileage levels, participant affiliations, conditions of participation, rules for earning, redeeming, retaining or forfeiting mileage credit, or rules for the use of travel awards; or (iii) add travel embargo dates, limit the number of seats available for award travel (including, but not limited to, allocating no seats on certain flights) or otherwise restrict the continued availability of travel awards or special offers. American Airlines reserves the right to change the AAdvantage® program and its terms and conditions at any time without notice, and to end the AAdvantage® program with six months notice. American Airlines may make any one or more of these changes at any time even though such changes may affect your ability to use the mileage credit or awards that you have already accumulated. AAdvantage® travel awards, accrued mileage credits and special offers are subject to government regulations. American Airlines is not responsible for products and services offered by other participating companies. For complete AAdvantage® program details, visit www.aa.com/aadvantage. Sponsors are not liable for any expense incurred as a consequence of a flight cancellation or flight delay. Travel is subject to availability and certain other restrictions, which are subject to change in the sole discretion of Sponsor. Flight schedules subject to change without notice.
8. MILEAGE PLAN™ MILES General Terms and Conditions Awards or accrued Miles, including purchased Miles, do not constitute the property of the member to whose Mileage Plan account the miles have been posted. However, awards or accrued Miles do provide the member with an option to exchange such Miles for travel at the redemption level in effect at the time of redemption (not at the time of accrual). Alaska Airlines reserves the right to audit Mileage Plan accounts at any time and without notice to the member to ensure compliance with these Mileage Plan Conditions of Membership and applicable conditions of carriage and/or tariffs. In the event that an audit reveals discrepancies or violations, the processing of Mileage Plan awards, mileage accrual or redemption of accrued mileage may be suspended until the discrepancies or violations are resolved to Alaska Airlines' satisfaction. Alaska Airlines reserves the right to terminate the membership and/or suspend access to the mileage balance of any member at any time for any reason it deems appropriate. Mileage credit, award travel, upgrade certificates, companion certificates or Board Room passes may not be sold, purchased or bartered, except Mileage Plan miles may be purchased or transferred through valid Mileage Plan Buy Miles, Gift Miles or Transfer Miles transactions processed through Points.com. Mileage, certificates or tickets sold, purchased or bartered through other sources are void. Attempts to purchase, sell or barter these products shall be considered an act of fraud against Alaska Airlines. The member and/or the traveler shall be liable for the full, unrestricted value of awards issued as a result of improper or fraudulent transfers or otherwise in violation of these Conditions of Membership. Alaska Airlines reserves the right to deactivate the Mileage Plan account of any member involved in such activities until liability is fulfilled. In the event a Mileage Plan member perpetrates a fraudulent or deceitful act against Alaska Airlines, any of its partners or any of its customers, or if a Mileage Plan member engages in behavior offensive to Alaska Airlines' employees, partners or customers, Alaska Airlines may, without notice and in its sole discretion, suspend the Mileage Plan member's account; terminate membership in the Mileage Plan Program; cancel all previously accumulated mileage; refuse to transport; and/or confiscate any certificates or tickets previously issued. Reinstatements are subject to an administrative fee, if Alaska Airlines elects to reinstate the account. Alaska Airlines reserves its right to seek all available damages at law and in equity that may result from a member's violation of the terms of the Mileage Plan Program. To learn more visit: http://www.alaskaair.com/content/mileage-plan/benefits/elite-levels-and-benefits/new-aa-benefits.aspx
10. TAXES. Any valuation of the Prizes stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsor. The value of the Prizes will be taxable to Winners as income. All federal, state and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and/or use of Prizes not specifically provided for in these official rules are solely the Winners’ responsibility. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes. Winners must provide the Sponsors with valid identification and a signed Form W-9 with a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any Prize will be awarded. Any residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia that win $600 or more in Prizes will have income reported to them on IRS Form 1099, as required under IRS rules and a copy of said form will be sent to the IRS. Puerto Rico residents that win $500 or more in Prizes will receive a Form 480.6A, with a duplicate sent to the Puerto Rico tax authorities. You must contact your own tax advisor for any questions concerning taxes.
11. OTHER CONDITIONS. To the extent applicable to any registrant or Prize Winners domiciled in Puerto Rico, these rules will be interpreted to comply with the laws of Puerto Rico. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Sponsors reserve the right, at its/their sole discretion, to , modify or suspend this Sweepstakes or any portion hereof, or to disqualify any individual implicated in any of the following actions, if for any reason: (a) infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in Sponsors’ sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, (b) the Sweepstakes or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper processing of entries per these rules, or (c) the Sweepstakes is otherwise not capable of running as planned by Sponsors. In the event of modification or suspension, Sponsors shall award the Prizes to Winners to be selected in random drawings from among the remaining uncorrupted eligible entries. By entering, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsors, and each of their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotional agencies, wholesalers and retailers, and each of the foregoing entities’ employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all claims, actions and/or liability for any injuries or death, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in and/or entry into the Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of any Prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related travel or other activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, and assume no responsibility for (i) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, (ii) failure of any entry to be received by Sponsors due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, (iii) communications line, hardware and/or software failures, (iv) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes, (v) theft or destruction of, tampering with, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries and/or entry information, or (vi) entries which are late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, unintelligible and/or postage due (or any combination thereof). The use of third-party software or website or automated entry systems to participate is prohibited, and Sponsors reserves the right to disqualify entries made in such fashion. By entering, entrants agree to comply with these rules. Any entrant who attempts to tamper with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. In the event of dispute as to who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address in question. Additional restrictions may apply.
12. DISPUTES. Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any Prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas or the appropriate Texas State Court located in Fort Worth, Texas; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsors in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Texas.
13. WINNERS' LIST. The names of the Winners will be posted on the AA.com® website at www.aa.com/promowinners on or about January 23, 2012.
14. SPONSORS. American Airlines, Inc., 4333 Amon Carter Blvd., Ft. Worth, Texas 76155 and Alaska Airlines, Inc., 19300 International Blvd. Seattle, Washington 98188
American Eagle, Executive Airlines and the AmericanConnection® carrier are regional airlines associated with American Airlines, Inc. American Eagle service is operated by American Eagle Airlines, Inc., or Executive Airlines, Inc., each of which is a wholly owned subsidiary of the parent company of American Airlines. The AmericanConnection® service is operated by Chautauqua Airlines, Inc., an unaffiliated independent contractor.
AmericanAirlines, AAdvantage, Admirals Club, American Eagle, Executive Airlines and AmericanConnection are trademarks of American Airlines, Inc.
Alaska Airlines, Mileage Plan and Horizon Airlines are trademarks of Alaska Air Group, Inc.
oneworld is a trademark of oneworld Alliance, LLC
Copyright 2011 American Airlines, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Printed in U.S.A.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. 2. OPEN TO/ENTRY DETAILS: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico who are 18 years or older. 3. Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) November 5, 2011, and all entries must be received by 11:59 p.m.ET on December 31, 2011. 4. PRIZE DETAILS: One Prize consisting of 150,000 AAdvantage® miles ARV $2,985 and one Prize consisting of 150,000 Alaska Airlines® Mileage Plan™ miles ARV $4,215. Total ARV $7,200. 5. ODDS: Odds of winning depend on number of entries. 6. ELIGIBILITY: Employees and agents of Sponsors and affiliates, agencies, distributors, wholesalers and retailers, and members of such employees’ and agents’ immediate families and individuals living in the same household with such employees or agents, are not eligible to win. 7. Void where prohibited. 8. Participation is subject to complete official rules by which all entrants are bound, available at http://www.aa.com/i18n/utility/EliteAS.jsp 9. Limit one entry per AAdvantage® member and/or Mileage PlanTM member. 10. Entrants release all parties from all claims/liability arising from this Sweepstakes or acceptance/use of any Prize. 11. Sponsors: American Airlines, Inc. 4333 Amon Carter Blvd., Ft. Worth, Texas 76155 and Alaska Airlines, 19300 International Blvd. Seattle, WA 98188.
Copyright 2011 American Airlines, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Printed in U.S.A.