Paid Seats Terms And Conditions
In the following paid seats terms and conditions, a Main Cabin Extra seat and a Preferred seat will both be referred to as a paid seat.
- Paid seats are non-refundable if you change, cancel or miss your flight.
- Paid seats are non-refundable if you change your seat assignment on the same flight to a lower priced or free seat.
- American Airlines reserves the right to assign or reassign a Main Cabin Extra or a Preferred seat at any time, for operational, safety or security reasons. In situations where this occurs and you're not reseated into a like seat you will be eligible for a refund.
- If American Airlines cancels your flight, causes you to miss a connection, or if you're denied boarding on an oversold flight and we are unable to seat you in a like seat on your rescheduled flight, you're eligible for a refund.
- Eligible credit card refunds should appear on a customer's credit card statement within two billing cycles.
- Customers may request a manual refund for a paid seat at www.aa.com/refunds.
- Paid seat purchases reserve a seat within the Main Cabin area. While every attempt is made to fulfill a specific seat, seat assignments are not guaranteed.
- Paid seats are non-transferable and are only valid for the flight purchased.
- Paid seats are subject to American Airlines minimum check-in times. Paid seats are subject to cancellation unless you have checked in (obtained a boarding pass) at least 30 minutes before scheduled departure. Customers must be present at the departure gate and ready to board at least 15 minutes prior to scheduled departure time.
- American Airlines expressly reserves the right in its absolute discretion to discontinue the sale of paid seats at any time or to refuse to sell a paid seat to any specific passenger, or if sold to cancel a paid seat and refund the purchase price. American Airlines will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by a purchaser resulting from such refusal, cancellation, or denial. Paid seats prices, offers, rules and benefits are subject to change without notice.