AAdvantage member benefits with US Airways
What's New for AAdvantage Members
Check back often for updates!
The merger with US Airways brings even more
opportunities for our members to make the most of their travel
... and they're all in addition to your existing AAdvantage®
Earn AAdvantage miles on US Airways
Now, you can earn AAdvantage miles on US Airways flights. Plus, earn AAdvantage elite-qualifying miles, points and segments on eligible US Airways flights. Simply book your flight, and be sure to include your AAdvantage number in your reservation. Just like when you travel on American, all purchased, published fare tickets on US Airways earn 100% base miles.
Learn more about earning on US Airways »
Your Citi® card remains rewarding
Your Citi® / AAdvantage® credit card benefits will remain the same, and you’ll continue to earn AAdvantage miles for purchases on your Citi® / AAdvantage® card without disruption.
Enjoy select reciprocal elite status benefits on US Airways
AAdvantage elite status members will enjoy many benefits to enrich their travel journey when flying on US Airways, including:
- Elite status bonus miles for eligible flight activity (100% bonus for Executive Platinum and Platinum members; 25% bonus for Gold members)
- Minimum mileage guarantee for flights less than 500 miles in length
- First/Business Class check-in
- Priority through security checkpoints
- Priority boarding
- Complimentary checked baggage allowance – three for Executive Platinum, two for Platinum* and one for Gold members
- Complimentary access to Preferred Seats
- Complimentary MoveUp (similar to same day confirmed flight change on American)
- Priority Baggage Delivery for Executive Platinum and Platinum members
Until we integrate loyalty programs, elite qualifying miles, points and segments cannot be combined between the Dividend Miles and AAdvantage programs to attain elite status.
Learn more about AAdvantage elite status benefits when flying on US Airways »
Additional benefits coming soon
We know the ability to upgrade on US Airways is important to our elite status members, and we appreciate your patience as we work to align these systems. We will keep you updated as progress is made, and in the meantime, encourage you to enjoy all the other benefits you can now access for travel on US Airways.
For questions regarding flying on American as a Dividend Miles member, or as a Preferred member, please visit the US Airways site for full details.
*For tickets issued on or after April 23, 2014, for travel on or after that date, Platinum members traveling on US Airways operated flights are eligible for two free checked bags; for tickets issued prior to April 23, 2014, Platinum members are eligible for three free checked bags.