Notice to Western Union customers: As of September 15, 2010, you must provide Secure Flight Data
when making your reservation on AA.com. Western Union will not be able to add this information for you.
When you book your travel on AA.com, you have the option of paying for your airline tickets at any participating Western Union location. The Western Union charge that applies to AA.com bookings* is based on the total amount of your transaction (in USD or local currency equivalent):
|Total Transaction Amount
Western Union Charge per Transaction
|Up to $200
|$200.01 - $1,000.00
|$1,000.01 - $5,000.00**
**There is a limit of $5,000 per Western Union transaction
With over 55,000 participating outlets in North America, paying with Western Union may be as convenient as visiting your neighborhood grocery store.
Also available in: Antigua, Grand Cayman, Belize City; San Jose, Costa Rica; Tegucigalpa, Honduras; Managua, Nicaragua; Panama, Panama; Port of Spain, Trinidad & Tobago; Buenos Aires, Argentina†; Port au Prince, Haiti and Bogota, Colombia.
†Argentina: The minimum amount of each transaction processed in Argentina will be determined by Western Union and is subject to approval. For more information, contact your local Western Union office.
How to pay with Western Union
To make a reservation for travel visit our secure and convenient Reservations feature.
- You must enter Secure Flight Data
before placing your reservation on hold. Western Union will not be able to ticket your reservation if it is missing this information.
- Choose your flights on aa.com and place your eligible reservation on hold. You may place a reservation on hold for up to 24 hours if you are booking the reservation seven or more days prior to departure.
- Print the "Hold Reservation Summary" page for eligible reservations. On this page, you will find your Record Locator, Total Price and Status (date/time the ticket must be purchased). Keep in mind, the Total Price shown on this page does not include the Western Union service charge of $9.95 to $14.95 USD (or local currency equivalent) per transaction. The service charge amount will be calculated based on your total transaction amount and collected when you pay for your ticket. acc
- Take your "Hold Reservation Summary" page and your cash payment (total price plus the We astern Union service charge) to a participating Western Union location.
- You will be asked to fill out a QuickCollect form (often referred to as the "blue form") To complete your ticket purchase, enter the following information:
Section 1 of QuickCollect Form - Payment Information
Dollar Amount: Enter the Total Price for your itinerary. Do not include the Western Union Service Charge.
Pay To: American Airlines
Code City: AACOM, TX
Section 2 of QuickCollect Form - Sender Information
Account # with Company: Enter the Record Locator from your Hold Reservation Summary
- Give the Western Union agent the form and applicable cash. The agent will process the payment and give you a receipt.
- Western Union will send payment notification to American Airlines, and American Airlines will complete the ticketing process.
*The Western Union charge of up to $14.95 applies when you book your reservation at aa.com. The Western Union charge for travel booked via AA Reservations is $14.95. In addition, telephone processing charge applies when you call American Airlines Reservations to book your flights, which means the total amount collected by Western Union for reservations booked by telephone will exceed the $9.95-$14.95 Western Union charge. Additional taxes and Western Union charges may apply in certain countries.
WESTERN UNION® is a federally registered service mark of Western Union Holdings, Inc. and is used with permission.