What to do in the event of a baggage incident
There are many reasons that can cause baggage incidents.
Below we explain what to do if you find yourself in this situation:
- Go to the desk at the airport's arrival lounge.
- Complete the Property Irregularity Report (PIR) before you leave the lounge.
- Baggage searches will be undertaken using a global system that we and a further 160 airlines are members of which enables baggage to be found within 24 hours in most cases.
- See the Iberia Baggage Telephone Customer Service Centre if you have any further questions in this regard.
- Label your baggage correctly with your personal details and include personal identification inside.
- Always keep your travel documents and receipts for expenses directly related to the incident.
- You can take out extra travel insurance if you wish.
- Fragile, perishable or valuable objects should not be carried inside your bags, as international regulations state that airlines do not have to not cover incidents involving loss or damage to these items.