ADVANCE SEAT SELECTION SERVICE
To fly more comfortable, select the seat you prefer in advance.
When you make the flight reservation, please specify the seat you prefer, such as the window/aisle side.
** Request to passengers assigned to an emergency exit row seat. **
In accordance with a directive issued by the Japanese Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, from April 1, 2009, for the safety of all passengers, emergency exit seats will be limited to passengers that satisfy all the conditions below.
- Aged 15 years or above.(assignment is not permitted for minors under 15 years of age).
- Does not require the assistance of an escort or staff.
- Is capable of assisting in an emergency evacuation, such as opening or closing an aircraft door.
- Can understand evacuation procedures and crew's instructions, and verbally convey such information to other passengers.
- Does not have to assist an accompanying passenger in an emergency evacuation.
- Consents to providing assistance in an emergency evacuation.
Passengers who do not satisfy above conditions are requested to change to another seats.
Passengers seated in emergency exit row seats will be requested to assist during an emergency evacuation under instructions of cabin crew.
Please refer to this page for further instructions.
Passengers who fly JAL flights with normal fares on first, business, and economy classes, or those who fly with JMB award tickets, and passengers with JAL Business saver on business class, with special discount tickets (Dynamic Saver, etc.)
on economy class are also eligible.
- Seat assignments cannot be made in the following situations:
- When all seats available for advance seat selection have already been assigned
- If the departure date is the day after the booking
- If the departures date of a Japan domestic flight is at least two months and 15 days after the day of booking
- Other airlines' flights
- Most code-share flights not operated by the JAL Group aircraft and crew. (If advance seat selection is available on such a flight, the system will guide you.)
For the following segments:
Segments beginning and ending out side of Japan.
- Flights operating under the same flight number composed of more than one segment in which the aircraft changes at an intermediate location.
- Due to safety reasons, an infant under the age of 2 who occupies a seat may not be accepted on some First Class seats.
- All Deutsche Bahn Rail Services.
- Some fares sold outside of Japan don't apply.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SERVICE
- Select a seat when you reserve a flight, or before two days prior to your departure.
- Please check in at least one hour prior to the departure. If not, the seat may be released.
- The number of seats available for this service is limited in the Economy Class. We may not respond to your request in some cases.
- Pre-assigned seat numbers are subject to change in case there is an aircraft configuration change.
- Some seats (such as the seats in the row next to the emergency exit) are not available for children traveling alone, passengers with infants, expectant mothers or passengers who use wheelchairs due to safety precautions. For more details, please inquire when making reservations.
- Please note that the service may be unavailable under some circumstances.
All JAL flights are no-smoking. We would appreciate your cooperation.