Upgrade terms and conditions
- Paid day of departure upgrades are only available on flights operated and marketed by American Airlines and American Eagle that have a first class or business class cabin.
- Paid day of departure upgrades are offered on select routes and are subject to availability.
- Paid day of departure upgrades are purchased per passenger per segment.
- Paid day of departure upgrade are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Customers who are unable to use their purchased day of departure upgrades due to an involuntary seat change, equipment change, routing change, flight cancellation, or missed connection due to a late incoming flight are eligible for a refund.
- Customers who purchase a day of departure upgrade and have paid for a MCE or Preferred Seat will be automatically refunded the purchase price of the MCE or Preferred Seat.
- Customers who purchase a day of departure upgrade and have previously paid the checked bag fee will not be issued a refund for the checked bag fees.
- For more information related to refunds please visit www.aa.com/refunds
, Opens in a new window.
- This offer is made at American Airlines' discretion and is subject to change or termination at any time with or without notice to the customer.