American Airlines Education Foundation Scholarship
Now accepting applications
The scholarship application window is open January 15 - February 28, 2019; winners will be notified by email by June 1, 2019.
Through the American Airlines Education Foundation, dependents of American employees and its wholly owned subsidiaries can apply for $2,500 scholarships for full-time undergraduate study at any accredited university, college or vocational school. Applicants are evaluated based on academic achievement, community service, leadership and financial need.
Apply now using program key: AmAir.
Applicants must be:
- Enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student in a college/university, community college or trade school for the 2019-20 academic year.
- A dependent son or daughter of an active employee of American Airlines who has been employed for at least one year as of February 28, 2019, and American Airlines parent/guardian must be employed at the time awards are announced. Dependents of employees based outside the U.S. are now eligible to apply.
Scholarships will be considered in separate categories depending on country of residence. An independent selection committee will evaluate the applications and select the recipients considering:
- Grade point average
- Class rank
- Academic awards and honors
- Demonstrated commitment
- Service on a regular basis
- Participation in school and non-school activities (athletics, clubs, yearbook, school newspaper, etc.), awards and honors
- Leadership roles on athletic teams (captain, c-captain, etc.) or in other activities (president, vice president, secretary, treasurer, editor, etc.)
- Employment information including number of hours worked outside the home, position (shift leader, team leader, etc.) and duration of employment
There are optional additional selection criteria for U.S. applicants.
Applicant needs to submit a FAFSA to be considered based on financial need.
- Awards will be $2,500 each and are not renewable.
- Students may reapply each year as long as they continue to meet the eligibility criteria.
- Award funds may only be used for expenses at the following types of institutions: (1) U.S. schools including accredited, nonprofit two- or four-year colleges/universities, and trade schools. (2) Non-U.S. schools including post-secondary two- or four-year colleges/universities, and trade schools.
- The scholarships will be applied to tuition, fees, books, supplies and equipment required for course load.
- Students may transfer from one institution to another and retain the award.
Contact Customer Care