Request support from American Airlines
Investing in communities
American Airlines proudly supports nonprofit organizations that make a difference in the communities where our employees and customers live and work. We provide assistance to eligible 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations that help children, communities and military service members.
- In-kind contributions: We donate AAdvantage® mileage certificates to nonprofit organizations.
- Volunteerism: Employees give their time with Do Crew, our community service program.
- Monetary donations: American provides limited support to nonprofit organizations.
All requests must be submitted through the on-line application process. No status calls are accepted. Faxed, emailed or incomplete requests will not be considered. Only 1 request per calendar year will be accepted. To be eligible for review, your organization must have its 501(c)(3) registered in and providing services directly to those in one of the identified counties.
- Charlotte (Mecklenburg County)
- Chicago (Cook, Lake, DuPage, Will, Kane and McHenry Counties)
- Dallas/Fort Worth (Dallas and Tarrant Counties)
- Los Angeles (Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, Ventura, and San Bernadino Counties)
- Miami (Miami Dade, Monroe, Broward, Collier Counties)
- New York (Suffolk, Nassau, Queens, Kings, Richmond, New York, Bronx, Rockland, and Westchester Counties)
- Philadelphia (Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia Counties)
- Phoenix (Maricopa County)
- Tulsa (Tulsa County)
- Washington, D.C. (Alexandria, Arlington, District of Columbia and Montgomery Counties)
We are not currently accepting Regional Council applications for support.
- Auxiliary, fraternal organizations, associations or service clubs (e.g. Junior League, Lions, Rotary, Kiwanis)*
- Business, political or labor associations or clubs (e.g. Executive Women International, Laborers' Local 777, Association of Mortgage Brokers)
- Foundations, organizations or individuals which are grant-making entities or distribute funds to another nonprofit organization*
- National nonprofit organizations
- Organizations funded 50% or more by government sources including all grants, contracts and fee for service programs
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status
- Organizations that primarily provide advocacy for issue related topics*
- Professional society, trade association or membership organization (i.e. Chamber of Commerce, Travel Industry Association)
- Recreational centers, programs and camps
- Religious organizations, churches and programs that are purely denominational in purpose*
- Schools including public, private, charter, pre-K, or universities and their support organizations* (i.e. Boosters, PTA/PTO’s, athletic teams, clubs, bands, performing arts groups, alumni associations or reunions)*
- Sports teams or sporting programs
- Start-up organizations as defined as a nonprofit organization whose ruling year has been granted by the IRS for less than three years
*As defined by the organization’s IRS 501 (C) 3 NTEE Code
Funding will not be considered for:
- A program or event taking place within the current quarter
- Competitions, beauty pageants or talent contests
- Baggage fees or cargo space
- Conferences, seminars or conventions
- Endowment, debt reduction, capital or building campaigns
- Video or film production costs or sponsorship
- Organizations that provide support outside the local community