Admirals Club terms and conditions
- By enrolling as a member in the American Airlines Admirals Club® (the “Admirals Club”) program or using any Admirals Club lounge, you affirmatively acknowledge and agree that these terms and conditions are a binding agreement between you and American Airlines (“American”). Accordingly, please review this agreement carefully.
- Use of any Admirals Club lounge is subject to all rules, terms and conditions set by American, including, without limitation, all policies set forth in these terms and conditions. AMERICAN RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY ANY OR ALL RULES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. SUCH MODIFICATIONS SHALL BE EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY AND INCORPORATED INTO THIS AGREEMENT. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF ANY ADMIRALS CLUB LOUNGE OR YOUR ADMIRALS CLUB MEMBERSHIP SHALL BE DEEMED AN ACCEPTANCE THEREOF.
- American and the Admirals Club are not responsible for products or services separately offered by third parties and made available at any Admirals Club lounge or any airline lounge operated by another entity or airline with which American has a reciprocal access arrangement (each, a “Partner Lounge”).
- Membership is open to anyone eighteen (18) years of age or older.
- MEMBERSHIP DUES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE AND MEMBERSHIPS ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE. Dues for new or renewal memberships are subject to change without notice.
- Membership shall expire on the date indicated at the end of the term when purchasing the membership.
- Membership includes access by either immediate family members (spouse or domestic partner and children under eighteen (18) years of age) or up to two (2) guests. Access by immediate family members or guests applies only when such individuals accompany the Member.
- American reserves the right to restrict, alter or modify at any time without notice and without compensation to Members: (i) fees, and amenities and services offered by Admirals Club lounges; and (ii) Admirals Club lounge hours or locations. Any such fees, amenities, services, and lounge hours may vary among locations. Rules and policies applicable to Partner Lounges are determined by the operating airline and must be observed when visiting such Partner Lounges.
- In connection with an annual membership purchase, a spouse or spousal equivalent/domestic partner may be added to your membership. You shall be required to certify the identity of, and certain other facts regarding, your spouse or spousal equivalent/domestic partner using a spouse/spousal equivalency certification made available by American when you enroll. If the membership of the primary member in a household is canceled, the spouse or spousal equivalent/domestic partner membership is canceled as well.
- You may request replacement of a lost or stolen membership card in person, at an Admirals Club location, or by calling Admirals Club. There may be a service charge for issuing a replacement card.
- Admirals Club and US Airways Club® lifetime memberships will continue to be honored through Admirals Club, subject to these terms and conditions. LIFETIME MEMBERSHIPS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE, NON-TRANSFERRABLE AND EXPIRE UPON THE DEATH OF THE MEMBER.
- AMERICAN RESERVES THE RIGHT TO TERMINATE, DENY OR REVOKE ANY MEMBERSHIP OR MEMBERSHIP PRIVILEGES, INCLUDING ANY LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP OR LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP PRIVILEGES, FOR ANY REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT CAUSE, AND RETRIEVE MEMBERSHIP CARDS AT ANY TIME BY ADVISING THE MEMBER AND REFUNDING A PORTION OF ANY MEMBERSHIP DUES PREVIOUSLY RECEIVED BY AMERICAN, US AIRWAYS OR ANY OF THEIR PREDECESSORS IN PAYMENT FOR SUCH MEMBERSHIP, THE AMOUNT OF SUCH REFUND TO BE DETERMINED BY AMERICAN IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION.
- Starting November 1, 2019, boarding passes for same-day travel on American Airlines or partner airlines will be required for entry.1
- Due to security restrictions and lounge location in certain airports, not all Admirals Clubs lounges or Partner Lounges may be accessed at the destination airport. A pass holder must be at least eighteen (18) years of age and hold a same-day ticket for airline travel that allows clearance through security and access to the Admirals Club lounge or Partner Lounge. Eligible customers must have access to the American terminal or concourse in order to use the club at that location. Gate passes will not be issued.
- Annual and lifetime members are required to present their valid membership card, AAdvantage® frequent flyer card, or AAdvantage® number, and a government issued photo ID to a representative of American or the Admirals Club for admittance to any Admirals Club lounge or Partner Lounge. Failure to present the above may result in admission being denied. Further, American reserves the right upon any such failure of a member to present the requested documentation, at its discretion, to revoke membership privileges and confiscate membership cards. The membership card is the property of American and must be returned upon request.
- American reserves the right to terminate any membership or remove any member or visitor for inappropriate conduct, including, but not limited to, conduct that is disruptive, abusive or violent, or for failing to comply with membership terms and conditions.
- American may confiscate expired membership cards or cards that are presented by someone other than a valid member.
- Airline, airport, and industry employees are not permitted access while in uniform (this includes employees of other airlines, private and corporate aircraft, and charter carriers).
1 Any departing or arriving flight: marketed or operated by American Airlines, marketed and operated by any oneworld® partner carrier, marketed and operated by American Airlines or Alaska Airlines in any combination
One Day Pass
- Eligible for purchase and use by any American Airlines customer 18 years of age or older.
- Starting November 1, 2019, One Day Pass visitor must hold a same-day ticket for airline travel on American or a partner airline1 that allows clearance through security for flight departure and access to the Admirals Club location.
- $59 day pass valid for one day. If you are traveling through multiple cities with lounges, you may use the same day pass to access more than one lounge that day (if traveling overnight, pass is also valid at the first point of arrival the following day). Admirals Club lounges in Canada, Europe, Asia, Central and South America located beyond passport control may not be accessible due to airport restrictions.
- Up to three children under 18 years of age admitted for free at no additional cost, if accompanied by an adult day pass visitor.
- Must be 21 years of age to consume alcohol.
- Day passes can be purchased at select locations and are based on lounge capacity.
- Visitor must present the confirmation of day pass purchase printout (email or AA.com screen-print) and valid government-issued I.D. to access a lounge. Failure to present this documentation may result in access being denied and forfeiture of the day pass.
- If the Visitor becomes an Admirals Club member within 30 days of use of the one-day pass, up to $50 of the purchase price of the pass may be applied toward the Visitor's annual membership initiation fee.
- Day pass is non-refundable, non-changeable, non-transferable, and valid only on date of visit. Day pass is only valid for use by the named pass-holder as printed on the pass.
- Day passes are not valid for use at the facilities of other airlines with which American Airlines may have reciprocal lounge or club access privileges.
- Due to security restrictions and lounge location in certain airports, not all lounges may be accessed at the destination airport.
- Not all American Airlines origin and destination locations have an Admirals Club lounge. Please be sure to check for information on our Admirals Club locations.
- American Airlines expressly reserves the right in its absolute discretion to discontinue the day pass program at any time or to refuse to sell a day pass to any specific customer and, if sold, to cancel a day pass, and deny any purchaser or visitor access to, or use of, any lounge. American Airlines will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by a purchaser or visitor resulting from such refusal, cancellation, or denial.
- American Airlines reserves the right to remove any purchaser or visitor from a lounge for inappropriate behavior or failure to adhere to lounge rules, including, but not limited to, conduct that is disruptive, abusive or violent.
- American Airlines disclaims responsibility for articles lost or stolen in the lounge.
- Admirals Club lounge hours may vary by location and are subject to change.
- Use of lounge facilities is subject to all rules and conditions set by American Airlines. American reserves the right to revise the rules at any time without notice.
1 Any flight: marketed or operated by American Airlines, marketed and operated by any oneworld® partner carrier, marketed and operated by American Airlines or Alaska Airlines in any combination
- During your visit to an Admirals Club lounge, American requires that your attire and conduct are consistent with a professional environment.
- American asks that you maintain a quiet environment within each Admirals Club lounge and to step outside with any crying or disruptive children or guests.
- As a courtesy to other guests, please wear headphones when using personal devices such as MP3 players, video games, or DVD players, and refrain from using the speaker feature on any personal devise, including cellular telephones.
- Smoking cigarettes, pipes or cigars (including electronic products), chewing tobacco, and the use of smokeless tobacco are prohibited inside Admirals Club lounges.
- American reserves the right to refuse to serve alcoholic beverages to any guest who appears to be intoxicated or is otherwise unruly.
- Complimentary food, alcoholic beverages and periodicals provided by Admirals Club are for consumption and use inside the Admirals Club only and may not be removed.
- Airport luggage carts are not permitted inside Admirals Club lounges.
- Service animals are welcome in Admirals Club lounges. Quiet pets accompanying guests onboard the aircraft are also permitted, provided they remain in their carry-on kennels.
- Families with small children and nursing mothers may use family rooms in Admirals Club lounges, where available.
- Any conduct that is deemed by American to be inappropriate, undignified, disruptive, abusive or violent is prohibited, and American reserves the right to remove any member or visitor for such conduct, or for failing to comply with membership terms and conditions.
Use of information you provide American Airlines
While American takes reasonable steps to safeguard and prevent unauthorized access to your private information, American cannot be responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorized access, and American makes no warranty, express, implied, or otherwise, that it will prevent unauthorized access to your private information. IN NO EVENT SHALL AMERICAN OR ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES (WHETHER CONSEQUENTIAL, DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL OR OTHERWISE) ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH, A THIRD PARTY‘S UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE BASED ON CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, TORT OR OTHER THEORIES OF LIABILITY, AND ALSO REGARDLESS OF WHETHER AMERICAN AIRLINES WAS GIVEN ACTUAL OR CONSTRUCTIVE NOTICE THAT DAMAGES WERE POSSIBLE.
Automatic renewal of your annual membership
- Annual memberships paid for with a credit card online will automatically renew each year for the renewal term and your credit card on file will be charged the annual membership fee for the new membership period unless you have opted out of the automatic renewal program. If you don’t want your Admirals Club membership to automatically renew, you may opt out of the automatic renewal program from the opt out page.
- Automatically renewed memberships may be cancelled and the membership fee that was charged for the new membership period may be refunded at any time before or within the first seven (7) days of the new membership period provided that you have not visited an Admirals Club lounge or a Partner Lounge during the new membership period. To proceed with the refund request please call 800-237-7971 (from the U.S., Canada, or Puerto Rico) or 817-963-6100 or email Admirals Club Member Services at email@example.com. You will not be charged a service fee to process this refund.
- When you opt out of the auto renewal program your membership will not automatically renew for the following year. If you subsequently renew your membership online, your renewal will once again enroll you in the automatic renewal program for the following year unless you opt out again.
- Admirals Club lounge space may not be used for solicitation or for the purpose of seeking to solicit airline, airport or industry employees.
- All persons must be of valid drinking age, based on applicable local laws, to consume alcohol within the premises of an Admirals Club lounge.
- American disclaims responsibility for articles lost or stolen in any Admirals Club lounge or any Partner Lounge.
- Admirals Club is operated by American from its offices in the United States. You agree to comply with all local, state, federal, and national laws, statutes, ordinances, and regulations that apply to your use of any Admirals Club lounge.
- American may, but is not required to, notify you with respect to Admirals Club by sending you an email message to your membership email address or a letter via postal mail to your membership mailing address. Notices shall become effective immediately.
- American reserves the right to take steps American believes are reasonably necessary or appropriate to enforce and/or verify compliance with any part of this agreement. You agree that American has the right, without liability to you, to disclose any registration data and/or account information to law enforcement authorities, government officials, and/or third parties, as American believes is reasonably necessary or appropriate to enforce and/or verify compliance with any part of this agreement.
- American shall not be liable for delays or failure in performance under this agreement caused by acts of God, war, acts or threats of terrorism, strikes, labor disputes, work stoppages, fire, natural disasters, acts of government, or any other cause, whether similar or dissimilar, beyond American’s control.
- IN NO CASE SHALL AMERICAN AIRLINES, US AIRWAYS OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR ADMITTANCE TO OR USE OF AN ADMIRALS CLUB LOUNGE OR PARTNER LOUNGE OR FOR ANY OTHER CLAIM RELATED IN ANY WAY THERETO. BY VIRTUE OF YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOU AGREE, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD AMERICAN AIRLINES, US AIRWAYS OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS OR LICENSORS HARMLESS WITH RESPECT TO ANY CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF YOUR BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO YOUR ADMITTANCE TO, OR USE OF, AN ADMIRALS CLUB LOUNGE OR PARTNER LOUNGE.
- THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED ACCORDING TO THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF TEXAS, WITHOUT REGARD TO CONFLICTS OF LAWS PROVISIONS THEREIN AND EXCLUDING THE APPLICATION OF THE UNITED NATIONS CONVENTION ON THE INTERNATIONAL SALE OF GOODS OF 1980. ANY SUIT, ACTION OR PROCEEDING WITH RESPECT TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE BROUGHT IN THE DISTRICT COURT OF THE STATE OF TEXAS, COUNTY OF TARRANT, OR IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OF TEXAS, FORT WORTH DIVISION, AND EACH MEMBER HEREBY SUBMITS, AND IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY OBJECTION THAT SUCH MEMBER MAY NOW OR HEREAFTER HAVE, TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION AND VENUE OF SUCH COURTS FOR THE PURPOSE OF ANY SUCH SUIT, ACTION OR PROCEEDING. EACH MEMBER HEREBY FURTHER IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY CLAIM THAT ANY SUCH SUIT, ACTION OR PROCEEDING BROUGHT IN EITHER SUCH COURT HAS BEEN BROUGHT IN AN INCONVENIENT FORUM.
- This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and American with respect to and governing your Admirals Club membership and your use of Admirals Club lounges, superseding any prior agreements between you and American, US Airways, or any of their predecessors. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions or house rules that may apply when you use affiliate services or Partner Lounges. If any part of this agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed in a manner consistent with applicable law to reflect, as nearly as possibly, the original intentions of you and American, and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect. American’s failure to enforce any right or provision in this agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such or any other provisions. American shall not be responsible for failures to fulfill any obligations due to causes beyond its control.
*Any exceptions to American's policies must be specifically authorized by Admirals Club management or American Airlines, Inc.
**Terms and Conditions last modified October 17, 2018.